Sing Strum & Oompah

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Today down the road the sick childrens charity trust held an event to raise money. It was held outside a building in central Greenwich, Devonport House, which used to be a nurses home but is now, I think, private dwellings though I could be wrong about that. It's certainly not a nurses home anymore. Known as the London Pantomine horse race there is some live music then a load of pantomine horses go on a local pub crawl collect money and (probably) get sozzled. Music was provided by the Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Choir and Messrs Tilbrook and Difford, from the band Squeeze. The horses were led into Devonport House grounds headed by a Jazz Band playing a la New Orleans funeral style knocking out a few Christmas Carols. And a good time was had by all.

A link: http://www.sickchildrenstrust.org/.../The.../index.html

573.jpg

576.jpg

589.jpg

591.jpg

594.jpg

599.jpg

603.jpg

605.jpg

606.jpg

650.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What a good way of raising money from a pub - I hope someone buys the poor guy/girl in the back end a pint :cheers:.

You live in a really interesting part of the world, Flops - those buildings look really grand :).

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
That looks great fun for all concerned. :thumb:

Hope they raised a goodly sum for the charity. :nod:

Reaction score
well what a great for charity I do hope they collected a great amount dosh for charity.:thumb:

Ask a Question