Reaction score
Watched all of these today. Sad maybe, however really enjoyed them

With the extraordinary and quite lovely Katie Sackoff

Itching for Season 2 already

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Peaky Blinders fans in the US need subtitles to understand Brummie accents

Writer Steven Knight says even the actors still struggle with the accent despite reaching Season Five of the hit programme, which airs later this summer

Knight was promoting a new Peaky Blinders festival in September, featuring bands including Primal Scream playing across five stages. There will also be live enactments of scenes from the show.
John Empson, festival director, said the event would also feature cinema, theatre, ballet and appearances by cast members and special guests.

:dance:
The Legitimate Peaky Blinders Festival is on September 14 and 15.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Finally got round to watching "The Boys" last night on Amazon Prime Video. It's very watchable - a bit of an antithesis to the current crop of Marvel TV series/movies:

The premise is that this group of corporate super heros aren't exactly nice people, unbeknown to the adoring general public. A group of "boys" plan to take them down a peg or two.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Finally got round to watching "The Boys" last night on Amazon Prime Video. It's very watchable - a bit of an antithesis to the current crop of Marvel TV series/movies:

The premise is that this group of corporate super heros aren't exactly nice people, unbeknown to the adoring general public. A group of "boys" plan to take them down a peg or two.
Yep I done a binge watch too and agree its very watchable, love the fact normal bods are able to thwart the super heroes in this, looking forward to seeing what they come up with in season 2 if theres gonna be a season 2

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep I done a binge watch too and agree its very watchable, love the fact normal bods are able to thwart the super heroes in this, looking forward to seeing what they come up with in season 2 if theres gonna be a season 2

I really hope there is - it's one of the better TV shows I've seen this year. Seems like they've got good feedback for it too, so that's a positive. It's funny seeing Simon Pegg in such a small role on the show, given that he's now a bit star.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That's on my watch list. Looks like we'll enjoy it, and I'm glad to see its getting positive feedback.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyone seen the trailers for The Mandalorian? Looks like it should be fantastic.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm an absolute sucker for any Star Wars TV show or series. I'm loving all of these high-budget series coming out, and I'm sure The Mandalorian will be right up there :D.

Do you know how we can watch this in the UK? Disney+ the only way for now?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah I like some of the SW series, Rebels was great, working my way, slowly, through The Clone Wars, its OK, but a bit slow in places. Not started Resistance yet, but I see the reviews for it ain't great.

Do you know how we can watch this in the UK? Disney+ the only way for now?
It's the only legal way, yes.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
First episode of The Mandalorian was excellent! ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I saw that, strange as its getting universally praised every where else. Maybe the writer was having a bad day!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I thought The Mandalorian was good too. Showing promise
Just watched this a couple of days ago - seems promising! The ending of EP1 was interesting...

Going to watch EP2 this weekend :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyone watched/watching The Witcher on Netflix? Getting some good reviews and a friends who's binged most of it says its great....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone watched/watching The Witcher on Netflix? Getting some good reviews and a friends who's binged most of it says its great....

Not yet. I'm so behind on things to watch now, but I will be adding this to my ever-growing watch list :lol: .

Can't remember if you've played the game? I've played a fair chunk of most recent one (III).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have it from a previous Steam Sale, never played it though. :blush:

Ask a Question