TV Shows!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ya'll seen the Game of Thrones finale then?

I am rather underwhelmed..... :\

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I watch something really good I find myself thinking loads about it afterwards. But I didn't at all with the finale, which says a lot. It was just... meh. Such a shame!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just got into Black Mirror. Found it on Netflix and am into the first series. The episodes are certainly different but a bit hit and miss.

However, they are just weird enough to keep me viewing. :thumb:

There are some episodes that are brilliant in Black Mirror - it's one of my favourite TV shows. I like how they're one-off episodes that really get you thinking when they finish.

Ya'll seen the Game of Thrones finale then?

I am rather underwhelmed..... :\

Yup. I'm in the same boat. I didn't dislike the final season, but it didn't live up to quite what I'd hoped. The Night King battle was excellent for the most part, but the fact that it was "over" after 1 episode seemed strange, as we'd been building up to this for years. The very last episode just missed the mark for me, I didn't mind the big things that happened in it, but the tying together seemed illogical.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Final episode of Chernobyl tonight. Been really good.

Anyone else watching?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Final episode of Chernobyl tonight. Been really good.

Anyone else watching?

I've watched the first 3 episodes - they're great so far. Harrowing, but so well done - one of the better series I've watched in a long time. Gripping to watch and I wonder how accurate it is (must be very close to real events behind the scenes, I guess).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its pretty accurate, they did slightly change a couple of things, times lines etc. But the main change was the character of Ulana Khomyuk, she is fictionalised. She takes the place of some 40+ scientists that came together to help with everything. They did this to make it easier to follow and to direct!

The podcasts are well worth a listen too - YT, spotify etc. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
To say I've been enjoying the Chernobyl series seems wrong, but it's fascinating and it has been done so well. I'd certainly be interested to learn more about what happened, and I've heard a lot of good stuff about a book called Chernobyl Prayer.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Apparently 'Voices from Chernobyl' is a great read. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We're 3 episodes in to the new series of Stranger Things. Just as good as previous series so far.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We're 3 episodes in to the new series of Stranger Things. Just as good as previous series so far.

I feel there are too many scenes with the fat sherriff in at the moment, other than that though its good, 5 episodes in so far

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well, Stranger Things was great! We really enjoyed it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, Stranger Things was great! We really enjoyed it.
I'm about to start that next week :). Got to finish Man in the High Castle (watched S1 a while ago, now started S2), then Stranger Things, then "Dark".

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I hear good things about that Dark...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There's a new trailer for the Picard series - looks like Seven of Nine and Data are going to be in it (bit of a surprise!):

Ask a Question