TV Out port not working

Reaction score
I seem to have a problem playing DVD's through PowerDVD or Windows Media player. Every time try to play something, the following error message appears

I have an XP laptop with the latest version of PowerDVD and Windows media player.

Error Code F4D41436
The TV Out port of your display card is not working properly.

Please can anyone help me to rectify this problem.

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That sounds like some sort of display driver problem, can you tell us your graphics card that is inside the laptop? (and if you have a TV out).

Reaction score
Sorry to be really thick, but how do I find out what my graphics card is and whether I have TV Out. All I know is I have been into Device Manager and under other devices, i have question marks for all three of my devices. (Network Controller, USB Controller, Video Controller)

Cheers

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
i have question marks for all three of my devices. (Network Controller, USB Controller, Video Controller)

Simple, you do not have the correct drivers installed for any of the above, especially the video card.

Your laptop should have come with some sort of 'driver' disk ... if not, you may well find Windows Update site has them for you to download & install.

;)

Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem as Black Bull but what I don't understand is that if the problem is that the drivers aren't installed why has PowerDVD worked fine on my laptop for the last 5 months??
For me it was working fine and then mid-DVD it stopped responding and when I tried to start it again it came up with this error. I am not actually trying to use the TV out port at all.
I have XP with SP2 and a Nvidia GeForce4 448 Go [NV18M] 64MB graphics card.
I downloaded PC Wizard and, although I don't really know what I'm looking for, there was nothing obviously missing etc. I tried updating the Nvidia driver but I already had the most up to date one.

Can anyone shed any further light on the matter?

Last edited:

Tee

Reaction score
i think it's a virus, may be the DVD Programme Developers are causing such stupid errors. Gosh! These people have no limits when it comes to GREED. SIMPLY ROBBING INNOCENT PEOPLE ... AS DOODLES SAID THAT SOME OF HIS/HER MOVIES WERE PLAYING BEFORE AND NOW THEY ARE NOT... LOL! WELL! PEOPLE THINK ABOUT IT... WELL IF I WERE YOU @ BLACK BULL ... DELETE THE POWER DVD AND RE-INSTALL AND IF IT DOESN'T WORK THEN JUS BUY A CHEAP DVD PLAYER FROM ARGOS (TRUST ME I GOT NO COMMISSION FROM ARGOS) ... THE BASIC DVD (PLAYING ALL REGIONS' DVDS, VCDS ETC) WILL COST U UNDER £30.00.... GOOD LUCK... LOL! BY THE WAY I'VE THE SAME PROBLEM, BUT I JUST LOST MY POWER DVD SOFT WEAR :( ... GOOD LUCKKKK... AND PLEASE DONT GIVE OUT UR HARD EARNED MONEY (OR YOUR PARENTS/GUARDIANS)... TO ANY SOFTWARE OR UPDATINGS ... YOU ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT SPENDING HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY AND THEN HVE THE SAME PROBLEMS... CHOICE IZ URZ... AND DONT LOOSE UR SLEEP OVER THIS ...

Last edited:

Tee

Reaction score
Delete Power Dvd And Re-install ... Forget About Tv Out Shit... Cos How Can Be A Tv Out Port On A Monitor... Lol!
My Girl Friend Is Supposed To Be An It Engineer And She Was Like Shocked When I Mentioned Tv Out Port On Power Dvd Thing... She Said That She Never Heard Of This Thing In Her Life... Can You Believe It ... Guys..

Reaction score
Tee said:
Yo! This Link Doesn't Work...

Its an exe not a zip thats why.

Btw I have sorted the problem now (well kind of) cos it seems my laptop was just having a funny day and thought I was playing it on a TV not on the laptop.

Reaction score
I seem to have a problem playing DVD's through PowerDVD or Windows Media player. Every time try to play something, the following error message appears

Error Code F4D41436

Thanks

Reaction score
out port

blackbull said:

I have an XP laptop with the latest version of PowerDVD and Windows media player.

Error Code F4D41436

Thanks
Hey I am not an expert at this but when it happened to me I searched and searched finally I disconnected my power cord from my monitor and reattached!, it worked no more error. I know you have a laptop but my guess is the issue is your screen or display drivers.

Ask a Question