Can not play DVD

Reaction score
DVD Error. Error code F4D41436. The TV out part of your display card is not working properly.
Can anybody help me out with this problem please.

Reaction score
Try googling the problem, but first i suggest you install your latest dvd drivers and a reboot :)

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
what software to play dvds are you using and have you just updated your video card drivers?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Copy protection, PowerDVD Player & nVidia drivers with S-Video out ... find another DVD Player (software) for the PC. :)

So, what is the video card, and what DVD player is it?

muckshifter

Reaction score
w.bishop said:
Hi Mucks, I bought a Philips DVD Player but I did not get any software with it.
No you don't ... XP has the drivers, so no need. It is not a driver problem.

Strange as it sounds you usually get the "DVD Playing Software" with the video card ... what software are you using to play the DVD? What is the vid card?

:thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Google is my brain

w.Bishop

google this m8 ... Error code F4D41436

Looks like the newer NVidea drivers are the cause..may need to download an older version :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
w.bishop said:
Hi Rush, Mucks say`s it is not a driver problem
No I do not think it is a driver problem and do not "roll back" or mess just yet with them. I have been wrong before, but lets just get the other problem sorted first.

And that is the DVD Player Software ... Until Windows XP, you needed a DVD player application, but Windows Media Player for Windows XP now fully supports DVD playback, as long as a compatible DVD decoder is installed.

Now then, there is also another "problem" in that a lot of DVDs you buy are copy protected ... re Sony Routekit virus ... and this can cause the same error.

You need something like WinDVD but I cannot find any free ones ...
http://www.intervideo.com/media_pack/jsp/Product_Profile.jsp?p=DVDXPack&AID=10368670&PID=1423151

I use PowerCinema, it is on the same CD that came with my video card ... have a look at your CD and see if you have a player on there.

:)

Reaction score
I have Real Plyer, Power DVD, Win media player, none of them will play DVD`s.

So what I beleive you are saying is I need to download something else?

muckshifter

Reaction score
w.bishop said:
I have Real Plyer, Power DVD, Win media player, none of them will play DVD`s.

So what I beleive you are saying is I need to download something else?
Nope, that was what I was trying to ascertain ... if it's any consolation, WMP will not play DVDs on my PC either ... not unless I pay for something to make it work. I am fed-up with paying for the "extras" needed to get funchinality out of MS. :rolleyes:

If you use Power DVD then you will get that error as there is a problem with it & nvidia drivers.

Then I will concede to Rush and I ask you to follow his advice ... I am not always correct. But then I don't use Power DVD either. ;)

The lesson, as with most posters, is we do not get ALL the information in the first post.

Reaction score
I bought and downloaded DVD XPack, only to be told that I already have a DVD decoder on my computer and I could not down load this one as wll so I hanve wasted more mony. I have no idea where to go from here.

Reaction score
I have another problem, a box pops up, stating, NETWORK ERROR, error code 8, error details:-Image not completely read. I can then choose to RETRY Later or cancel.

Reaction score
w.bishop said:
OK;)
Well it appears to be a similar problem that happens when using WIN-TV Happauge.

Now with the particular problem mentioned, I have to remove all drivers with a tool of the website, so find the website relating to you graphics card [the exact model] and post a link I will have a look for you, then I will tell you what to do.:thumb:

Ask a Question