Trying to download latest Thunderbird

ms

I've been having ACF update problems in Thunderbird 0.9, posted to TB forum
, no answer, so decided to try latest version.

FF 1.04, DUN
I normally have no problem with downloads, even large downloads.

I am trying to download the current Thunderbird 1.06, a 5.6 MB or so download.
I use a keepalive utility to prevent timeouts.

In FF, I click on the TB download link, the normal download screen appears,
the file is listed there as 5.6 MB, but the download finishes at 387 KB,
with the proper file name.

This happened twice.

I put this question on the FF forum, no answer.

Advice?

Mike Sa

Adam Piggott

ms

I'd clear your browser cache and try again. If you have problems with an
unreliable download you could try using a download manager - I use
GetRight and am so happy with it purchased the full version.

Also if you've set your browser to use your ISP's web proxy cache I'd
try turning it off. You could also try using a different web browser
maybe.

HTH
- --
Adam Piggott, Proprietor, Proactive Services (Computing).

Thanks. Due to Thunderbird issues, it took 2 days to even see
my own post.
I am now back to using Xnews, and while it is more cumbersome,
it works.

Mike Sa

ms

(e-mail address removed)-dot-au.no-spam.invalid (jmatt) wrote in
Subject: re:Trying to download latest Thunderbird
From: (e-mail address removed)-dot-au.no-spam.invalid (jmatt)
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:45:37 -0500
Newsgroups:
alt.comp.freeware X-Proxy-User: $$9jqvk9

Try from a different site Mike.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Thunderbird+1.06 +download&btnG=Se
arch&meta=
Thanks, John. I have just about dumped Thunderbird, this reply
is in
Xnews, haven't used it for years, have to use it with care,
Like registry
cleaners, click the wrong button and problems.

So far, last 3 days, Xnews and Individual.net seem to be
working together.
Of course, TB worked fine for 2 years, so time will tell. If I
get tired
of the funnies with Xnews, I will try the latest TB again.

Mike Sa