Trouble sending email-while traveling

BernieJ

I have windows Vista and use windows mail. I now travel for business, here is
my problem. I live in Canada temporarly and still use my US internet/email
provider to receive my emails, although I use my Canadian email provider to
send my email from Canada. While in Canada this works great. I am now in New
York and have to send a email to a client from a Motel. I receive my emails
fine but CANNOT send any.

I receive the following Error Message:

the message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
correct for your outgoing emailSMTP server For help go to help
search...........

The rejected email address (XXXXXXXXX) Account ncweb.com (my US provider)
server 'smtp.vianet.ca (Canadian provider) Protocol: SMTP, server Response
554 5.7.1 (XXXXXXXX email address again) Relay access denied, Port 25 Secure
(SSL) NO, Server Error 554, Error Number 0x800CCC79

I hope I have provided the required data to assist me in resolving my
proble, thanking all in advance. I need to get a serious proposal sent to
customer.

Bruce Hagen

SMTP port 25 is blocked when accessing away from home. Try port 587. If
that does not work, contact your ISP to find out the correct port to use.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Strictly speaking, your issue is not a port 25 block, but the fact that
the server smtp.vianet.ca is not accepting SMTP commands from a
connection outside of the vianet.ca network. Try this:

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)