Tray Icons - Gone!

M

M and D

Up until a couple of days ago, five icons appeared in my system notification area at Windows startup, representing five programs I set to start with Windows:

Zone Alarm
Spy Sweeper
Norton Ghost
Super AdBlocker (blocks Flash ads), and
WordWeb (a dictionary program).

Now, all five programs still start with Windows (their executables appear in Task Manager), but each time I start my computer, a different set of icons appears. Anywhere from one to three of the icons show up in the tray - and each time a different icon or combination of icons appear! How do I fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Steven

M

M and D

"The cause of this problem is not known, but it's almost certainly a bug in Windows XP."
http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_013.html

I guess that answers my question, unfortunately.

Steven

Up until a couple of days ago, five icons appeared in my system notification area at Windows startup, representing five programs I set to start with Windows:

Zone Alarm
Spy Sweeper
Norton Ghost
Super AdBlocker (blocks Flash ads), and
WordWeb (a dictionary program).

Now, all five programs still start with Windows (their executables appear in Task Manager), but each time I start my computer, a different set of icons appears. Anywhere from one to three of the icons show up in the tray - and each time a different icon or combination of icons appear! How do I fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Steven

Ask a Question