Toshiba Portege R500-11Z

Reaction score
Hello good people,

I have just found this forum so apologies if this has been covered recently. I am in the market for a new laptop and would greatly value any opinions on this model. The most important factors for me are:

1. Must be very light and preferably small as I am always on the move.
2. Very good battery life.
3. Decent size hard drive.

The Toshiba Portege R500-11Z appears to fulfil each of these. I have read a number of mixed reviews regarding the screen and durablility. However, for any model there are always things that some people won't like I guess.

Anyone with any first hand experience of one? I have also been recommended the Sony TZ12 but I really like this Toshiba.

Any replies gratefully received...

Lee Scott

Reaction score
Hiya Lee welcome to the forum.

We have countless enquiries about this subject. Market research is your best bet. There are that many makes, types, specs and offers on the market today it all just depends how much you want to spend and what you would like to use it for.

If you like the toshiba mate then buy it. As you say many people will always have a negative thing to say about everything not matter how much other love it. If it suits your needs and is within your price range then go for it. Remember though and this is important. Laptop progress, sure not as fast as PC's but they do progress so if your going to spend a lot of money on this model make sure its future proof for at least a couple of years. I would!!

Good luck and im sure others will comment aswell. Let us know what you have decided we like a bit of feedback :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Triplex. As with most things in life the best thing seems to be go with your gut feeling!

Regards...

Reaction score
hi folks

scott, I was looking at the Portege myself now, and I wonder whether you ended up purchasing it, and if you're happy with it.

I see on the plus side the light weight and the long battery life -- on the minus side: no webcam, twice the price of comparable machines that do weigh more, and questions about build quality...

any opinions?

cheers all

sloan_5

Ask a Question