Toshiba Portege M800-E3310P

Reaction score
Hi all!

I was browsing laptops/notebook PC's online, and this one caught my eye. It's the Toshiba Portege M800-E3310P.

I haven't actually used a Toshiba before but am aware of it's long-standing reputation as a reliable brand. Any reviews/general comments about this particular make would be awesome! Also, if any of you out there know of other good laptops (Toshiba if possible), that would be even better!

Well if it would help narrow down your suggestions, I'm a student in University (so not too expensive please! :-S), a female, so of course a nice-looking one would certainly be much appreciated! But I also very much value the durability and performance of the laptop. A good hardy one, sleek and stylish ....oh and not too heavy too. I guess that's what everyone's looking for isn't it?

Anyway looking forward to suggestions/reviews from you fellow virtual netizens!

lots of faerie love,

Moonfaerie_218

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi & welcomee to PCReview
happywave.gif

Can you post a link to where you were you saw it so we can look at what it offers and the price?

The only one i can find is £750 and it seems a bit steep.

Or just tell us what you willing to spend and what you need it for.

Thanks.

Edit: These are currently my favourites, well built, look very very sleek and stylish, portable, very good spec, you can get it in pink as well.

http://www.pcnextday.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?ProductCode=3386-5042&GroupCode=12VHP

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Waynos_Face!

Wow, I didn't expect a reply in such a short time - thanks so much for being so helpful! Well, I kinda had my mind set on Toshiba. Either that or Acer's Aspire. I'm quite particular about the sound system and I'm not sure if Samsung can offer a good quality.

I originally saw the Toshiba Portege M800-E3310P on Amazon, but now all I can find is from this website

http://shop.manilahost.net/notebooks/toshiba/toshiba-portege-m800-e3310p/prod_446.html

However it's a philippino website, I'm not sure where the others are - whether it's not selling anymore in the UK, I have no idea. I like that particular model because its sleek and stylish (must-have factors!), and its ability to sort of swivel the screen around to face it in any way you like. Also it has a touchscreen function.

I looked at the LogiQ laptop link you sent and quite like it. I've got to admit I haven't heard of that make though! I also like the fact that it doesn't consume a lot of energy, and is lightweight. Then again, I prefer a wider screen laptop...I think it's more enjoyable watching movies that way.

That's why the Acer Aspire caught my eye..... it is quite a good brand and is rated most popular on Amazon's list. hmm, decisions decisions...also it isnt too expensive. what say you?

oh and my budget would probably range from preferably £400-£600ish? not more than £600 would be best.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Toshiba are good, possibly the best, for laptops.

Acer are awful, avoid.

Quite a few to look at Here

Are you dead set on getting a notebook sized laptop?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Acer are awful, avoid.
As Flops says, avoid Acer - their aftersales service and repair system are simply awful.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
The Aspire range looks cool but as everyone will say Acer suck.

Yes Toshibas are good but i was struglling to find a decent spec one for a competetive price, thats why i linked to some Samsungs.

There is a guy on here called MadXgraphics who repairs about 100 laptops a day, he will tell you that a £500 LogiQ, Samsung, Toshiba, ASUS, Fujitsu Siemens are pretty much all the same inside.

You can buy an add-on sound card for improved sound quality as well.

Reaction score
I bought directly from Toshiba at their Outlet Centre at Ashford, Kent and saved ££££££.
You could also try Morgan Computers HERE

Reaction score
toshiba or...?

feckit said:
I bought directly from Toshiba at their Outlet Centre at Ashford, Kent and saved ££££££.
You could also try Morgan Computers HERE

how much ££££££ exactly did u save??

Thanks for the comments guys, i'm still looking.......

and yes, i'm quite dead on size :-S

Ask a Question