From: "CHARLEYJR" <[email protected]>
Sent: 7/5/2005 10:05:32 PM

Subject: Re: update 5731 repeats

"I ran this FIX on W2000 OS/cpu and it really works, now
all is OK. I stopped auto/update manualy once a week.
I Cant thank this person enough, Pozdrawiam serdecznie
and for you all at this great Newsgroup Site".

Follow the below instructions:
-----
"Right click on MSAS icon within systray and choose
shutdown.

Right click and "Save target as..."
http://download.spynet.com/ASDefinitions/gcDeterminationDat
a.gcd
http://download.spynet.com/ASDefinitions/gcThreatAuditScanD
ata.gcd
http://download.spynet.com/ASDefinitions/gcThreatAuditThrea
tData.gcd

Save to...these files to Program files/Microsoft
Antispyware directory, will ask to repace each of these
files, click Yes, and will download each file.

[as I believe the problem or BUG seams to be with these
three original files downloaded]

Restart MSAS and "check for updates"
Done until MS realize that this is a bug.............."
-----
Pozdrawiam serdecznie / Kind regards
Mikolaj Kaminski
MS-MVP, Poland

..

alanE

worked for me too. many thanks for the tip
alan
Sorry to report that the several posted fixes, must now
validate that this is a one-time fix.
Now with 5731 to 5733 the update loops once again!
Lets hope that MSN corrects this or one of you can solve
this probem once and for all!!
Best regards and good luck
Charley,Jr.
Sent: 7/5/2005 10:05:32 PM

"I ran this FIX on W2000 OS/cpu and it really works, now
all is OK. I stopped auto/update manualy once a week.
I Cant thank this person enough, Pozdrawiam serdecznie
and for you all at this great Newsgroup Site".

Follow the below instructions:
-----
"Right click on MSAS icon within systray and choose
shutdown.

Right click and "Save target as..."
http://download.spynet.com/ASDefinitions/gcDeterminationD at
nD
ea
tData.gcd

Save to...these files to Program files/Microsoft
Antispyware directory, will ask to repace each of these
files, click Yes, and will download each file.

[as I believe the problem or BUG seams to be with these
three original files downloaded]

Restart MSAS and "check for updates"
Done until MS realize that this is a bug.............."
-----
Pozdrawiam serdecznie / Kind regards
Mikolaj Kaminski
MS-MVP, Poland

..

.

charleyjr

Sorry Andre,

I was frustrated and did not mean to offend anyone.

Decided to save the three files instead of downloading
every time to update, but sincerely ask will this work for
the next update or will I have to generate the most
current files.

Would appreciate a reply, many thanks.

Excuse me, you are expecting a non-guranteed workaround to work? This stated
many times, you just have to accept the current behaviour until the
Microsoft AntiSpyware team responds to it.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

[...]

Andre Da Costa

Its a beta so you just have understand that let downs come with the
territory.