Time to upgrade

Reaction score
Hi all, I need to update my PC, I play a lot of games and on the PC I have just now my games run really slow. Some specs of my current PC...

Abit KX7-333 motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 1900+ CPU
512mb RAM
64mb NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 GFX card

I would just like some advice on a new motherboard, cpu, ram and a new GFX card please. Money is not really a problem, I have plenty (just now anyway:p).

Thanks.

Reaction score
Rob....... Chris will give you an Idea when he comes online..

Will you Chris??..

Please.....:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hiya Reef.. Did you send off for the Audigy 2 card?

I saw an external one.... Really odd... Do You want the link?

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Just slap a AMD 2800XP processor in, another stick of 512 DDR (im assuming your memory is DDR already) and add a Radeon 9800pro, and you got a monster that will eat Doom III for lunch ;).
Took the words out me mouth :D

That's the best option, imo, unless you want to really spend loadsa money.

Only thing better than that upgrade would be to go for an AMD Opteron 64 Bit system with an X800 Vid card. But you're talking serious money then.

Right now is an awkward time to fully upgrade, latest technology is relatively expensive at the moment, give it six months or so, prices will drop, things will change, a clear preferred AMD 64 bit socket will emerge and things will look a lot more positive and a choice will be less problematic.

And you never know, even Intel may pull something outta the hat ;)

Reaction score
hiya nova!

what memory have u got is it pc2700?

if you are thinking of upgrading this to something a bit faster then let me know please.

cheers

Reaction score
hey, as people have said things will get cheaper, before the x800 came out i heard roumers that it was going to be over £500 and in some places it still is, but now you can get it cheaper. if you give it some more time the prices will go down and no doubt more technology will be released like triple hyperthreading in graphics cars which would be stupid but look at my card compared to what you can get now, its a stupid difference. your best of going for the 9800 series as reefsmoka has said, hes always been to fast.

i had about that same spec as you and the processor upgrade i went to was awesome alothough i didnt really notice it on my friends 2800xp, go for a 3200xp and it will keep you going for a couple of years, as this runs at 2.2gig, and i seen a p4 3.6 the other day, so the more the better. my 3200xp was from ebuyer at about £130.

www.ebuyer.com

Ask a Question