    but it comes back every time I log in
    anyone know what feature this is?

    thnx

    chriske911, Sep 20, 2006

  2. chriske911

    Catweazle Guest

    It has something to do with the Media Player 11 network sharing service.

    Catweazle, Sep 20, 2006

  3. chriske911

    Rastaman Guest

    > this is what I get when I login with a normal user account
    > inside the window there is this message
    > If you delete this folder it will no longer be shared.
    >
    > Folder:
    > c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\WPDNSE
    > Share name:
    > c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\WPDNSE
    >
    > when I click continue there is no error popping up anymore
    > but it comes back every time I log in
    > anyone know what feature this is?
    >
    > thnx

    I had the same thing happen to me, and I posted here, but no one replied.
    The only references I could find on the web had to do with a slightly
    different situation with XP, and none of them mentioned what the folder was
    or how to fix the problem.

    I booted my machine into XP, deleted the partition, and did a full format of
    the HDD, then re-installed RC-1. The WPDNSE thing is gone, and 2 other
    bugs are gone, as well. ( I had something similar when I closed Windows
    Mail referring to a ppcrlui......folder, and also a UI bug with the mouse
    pointer.)

    Now the entire OS is working flawlessly. ;-)

    Apparently deleting the partition and choosing format from the Vista install
    is not the same thing as doing it from "disk management", and doesn't really
    clean the disk.

    Rastaman, Sep 20, 2006
  4. chriske911

    Kerry Brown Guest

    I had similar popups when I accessed a user profile while logged on as
    another user. I got a message that I couldn't access the user's folder and
    did I want to fix this. I clicked OK, copied some files and forgot about it.
    Next time I logged on as the first user I got similar popups. Each time I
    logged on the folder name was slightly different. I deleted the second user
    from the security tab of the first users profile to fix the problem.

    --
    Kerry Brown
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Kerry Brown, Sep 20, 2006
  5. chriske911

    Rock Guest

    "chriske911" wrote

    > this is what I get when I login with a normal user account
    > inside the window there is this message
    > If you delete this folder it will no longer be shared.
    >
    > Folder:
    > c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\WPDNSE
    > Share name:
    > c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\WPDNSE
    >
    > when I click continue there is no error popping up anymore
    > but it comes back every time I log in
    > anyone know what feature this is?
    >
    > thnx

    It's a known bug that will be fixed.