Thinking Games?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone know any fun "thinking" games. One that springs to mind is Bridge Builder (sounds boring but it was great, I promise!), but I finished that ages ago. Are there any others along the same lines?

Another sort of game I'm after is something with "bases" and "defenses" ;) I'm not sure why, but I loved creating massive bases in Red Alert against 8 impossible enemies, only to see them fail at the defenses ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What about C & C Generals? Our man reef reckons it's da biz, though I didn't care for it myself.

And maybe Roller Coaster Tycoon 2? Not really sure if that's a thinking game though. I suppose it may be, there is a lot of planning involved, and building.

Other than that, dunno, really.

Should be able to pick up RC2 cheap at www.play.com if you're interested.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well C&C Genrals really should be your first choice as floops said. It can be found for less than £30 delivered form play.com with the additional Zero hour add-on pack.

If your not into the whole 3D RTS game, then i highly (highly highly highly) recommend C&C Tiberian Sun. This has got to be one of the best 2D RTS games out there, its equal in my opinion to C&C Genrals for its sheer volume of buildings, technology, vehicles and of course soldiers.You can get it for £5 delivered from play.com !

Now if your not into the whole army/war style genre, there is an excellent space style game called Startopia where you build and run a city in space basicly, you can hire people/aliens to work in your shops, hotels and what not. This game is a classic and is extremely easy to pick up and be a master of it. This can be picked up for £5 delivered from play again ;). I own all the games above and have played them to death, there all excellent and if you look on any game revew site you will see there all rated high too (hopefully :p).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2! Perfect!

I've got C&C Generals, and thats excellent - I've played it too much though :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Startopia sounds good... it rings a bell... I'm sure one of my mates tried to get me to play that for years. Will check it out now :)

Reaction score
Ian have you tried "The Age Of Empire"... Series?

I really enjoyed them

You can build your Castles.. Towers.. and Defences

Plus I thought that the Scenarios were quite decent..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Tried and loved that one too Spooky, but I've played it too much :) It was such a good game!

Reaction score
there was a good game thats similar to C & C - it's called DUNE - there where a few of them and i'm not sure if there is a new 1 or not - last 1 i remember was dune 2000

Last edited:
Reaction score
Call Of Duty - the bits where you get stuck. Thats a thinking game...

Tetris!!

commander keen :D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
bridge builder is a great game played that for ages, you can get different levels off the net and a 3d version

Reaction score
Try this: KING OF DRAGONPASS

It's really, REALLY different. Give it a try. It doesn't even needs to be installed.
No cool 3d graphics, only 2d and that not even animated. Just STILL pictures. No action, no nothing, but it's one of the best games I've ever played ever since I got my SNES a thousand years ago...

Reaction score
What about cossacks. Not played it myself, but a friend of mine swears by it!!!! Or even total anihilation.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not yet, but I'll give it a go if I can get a hold of it :)

Reaction score
What about the oldest game in the world....... LEMMINGS!

Made 7/8 years ago, Its so funny!

Ask a Question