There are not any fax printers available

Jessica L.

When I try to send a fax through our server's MS Shared
Fax, I get this error message:
The Fax transport service failed to deliver the message to
this recipient.
There are not any fax printers available
I have shared Fax installed on the computer (I have
Outlook 2002 and Win 2000 Pro OS) and I've tried
everything I could think of (setting it as default,
reinstalling, etc)
What do I do now???

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

What shared fax service did you install?
What appears in Control Panel > Printers?
How are you trying to send the fax?

Bob Rhead

I am having the same problem setting up a Win2000 client machine
(Outlook 2000) to use a Win2003 Server shared fax......I have set up
the fax printer on the client (by using add printer wizard) and it
installed the fax client.....But when I try to configure the Fax Mail
Transport and select the fax printer none are shown.(the list is
blank) ...I have rebooted and applied SP4 for 2000.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Jessica L. said:
When I try to send a fax through our server's MS Shared
Fax, I get this error message:
The Fax transport service failed to deliver the message to
this recipient.
There are not any fax printers available
I have shared Fax installed on the computer (I have
Outlook 2002 and Win 2000 Pro OS) and I've tried
everything I could think of (setting it as default,
reinstalling, etc)
What do I do now???

Subhashini Messalla[MSFT]

In w2k , there will be "Fax Mail Transport" and "Microsoft shared Fax mail
Transport" available in outlook.

The Microsoft Shared Fax Mail Transport is installed onto your computer the
first time you connect to the Windows Server 2003 shared fax device and

Fax mail Transport will be added when you have local Fax service enabled.

If you want to send fax using remote server , use "Microsoft Shared Fax Mail
Transport " instead of "Fax mail Transport"

--
Subhashini Meesala

purposes only.'