The Windows 10 April Update Is Coming.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Codenamed Redstone 4, Microsoft has been testing the next feature update to Windows 10 since August 31, 2017. In that time, there have been 24 Insider Preview builds released to the Fast ring, but Microsoft never actually announced any details about the update, such as what it will be called or when it's coming.

Today, the company finally announced the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. It's pretty clear that the naming was a close to last-minute change, since there were previously various references in the OS toit being called the Spring Creators Update.

The Windows 10 April 2018 Update will be available on Monday, April 30 for those that use Microsoft's Update Assistant tool or the Media Creation Tool, and - as previously reported by Neowin - it will begin rolling out through Windows Update on May 8.
Source: Neowin.

1523374117_w10-042018-pc_story.jpg

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Some nice new features there, the timeline looks particularly useful :nod:

Is it just me, or is Focus Assist a bad name for a thing? There are too many 'S' sounds, it would be a lisper's nightmare!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Installed last night. No issues to report.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up @V_R - I'm downloading this update right now :D.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me not pleased with Microsoft at the moment, see Here and I was going to post something uncomplimentary here.

But I better not.

No.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I much prefer the look of the settings page now, its not a huge change, but it looks better, more modern.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I'm surprised that the update installed faster on my tablet than my laptop. This laptop is severely under-powered. It's about time I upgrade to something that can get the job done.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Did mine this morning and the stupid electric tripped then spent half the afternoon looking for my recovery USB to get things going again. :(

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Oh no, sorry to hear that! Do you know what caused it to trip?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
ED needed another two bob for the meter :D

I just had that update, took about 15 minutes, it might last all of three days if the boys from Redmond can't activate me on Friday.

Love those choices we get at the setup - Would you like to send Microsoft basic diagnostic data or full diagnostic data?

How about send no data you nosey gits? :mad:

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Did any of you guys notice that Microsoft is claiming that this April 2018 Update will install in 30 mins? Yeah right, it took my laptop 2 hours or more because I fell asleep waiting for it to finish.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Did any of you guys notice that Microsoft is claiming that this April 2018 Update will install in 30 mins? Yeah right, it took my laptop 2 hours or more because I fell asleep waiting for it to finish.

Just did my laptop this evening and it was done and dusted within 15 minutes.

Ask a Question