The Windows 10 April Update Is Coming.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... I wonder if I'll get last year's update. :rolleyes:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My PC in my spec was done in about 15 minutes, it restarted about 3 or 4 times.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Still nothing here. I may have to go and get it. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It will come eventually mate. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Well I did my other half's Acer laptop and I don't know what went wrong. Watched everything download and install and waited for the blue restart popup which never happened so I manually restarted and was met with a black screen. Tried doing a repair from the recovery USB but go the same and eventually had to do a factory reset from the recovery USB which took the better part of 3 hours. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Eventually went and got it. Took about two hours to get it fully installed but all seems well. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Looks like Microsoft have acknowledged a bug affecting some users following the update:

Microsoft is aware that some devices running the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) may hang or freeze when using certain apps, such as “Hey Cortana” or Chrome.

If your device freezes when using an app, try one of the following steps to recover Windows without needing to restart:

1. Try a Windows key sequence to wake the screen. If you have a keyboard connected, simultaneously press the Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B. If you’re on a tablet, simultaneously press both the volume-up and volume-down buttons, three times within 2 seconds. If Windows is responsive, a short beep will sound and the screen will blink or dim while Windows attempts to refresh the screen.
  2. If you’re using a laptop, close and open the laptop lid.

Microsoft is working on a solution with the goal of including it in the next regular monthly update, currently targeted for a release date of May 8, 2018.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-certain/612a341b-340a-4ac0-8866-df5346327a52

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
More Windows 10 April 2018 issues as some users experience repeated Explorer.exe crashes

While the Windows 10 April 2018 update was part of a massive beta test using the Windows 10 Insider programme, it seems some serious issues still slipped through.

The latest one to come to our attention is pretty serious and involves Explorer.exe crashing every 3-5 seconds, rendering a user’s machine more or less unusable.

The issue appears related to the new TimeLine feature and occurs when the TimeLine synchronizes user activity to the cloud.

How to fix freezing issues in Windows 10 April 2018 Update

The good thing is that Microsoft is now aware of the issue. A Microsoft Agent has confirmed in the Microsoft Community forum that some devices which are on Windows 10 April 2018 update may experience freezing issues when using applications such as Google Chrome and “Hey Cortana”. So even an app integrated into the operating system has issues with the latest update.

Wanders off whistling
whistling.gif

https://medium.com/@win10tricks/uninstall-windows-10-april-2018-update-v1803-16d3df2361f0

Experienced any Problems, Issues After installing windows 10 April 2018 update and looking for way to revert back to previous windows? Yes during the first ten days since the upgrade was installed, you can quickly uninstall Windows 10 version 1803 using the recovery options. Here this post we discuss How To Rollback And Uninstall Windows 10 April 2018 update

Windows 10 April 2018 Update problems and issues

Seems like there are at least 13 different bugs in the April update.

Windows 10 Update Assistant stuck downloading Windows 10 v1803

Black screen problem during Windows 10 v1803

Activate your copy of Windows

Timeline feature is not working

The microphone is not picking up any Sound after Windows 10 v1803

Apps cannot access Camera access after installing Windows 10 v1803

New partition appearing after installing Windows 10 v1803

System Restore disabled after installing Windows 10 v1803

Slow Alt + Tab while gaming / Apps Stealing Focus

Fast Startup disabled after installing Windows 10 v1803

Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display issue:

Nvidia settings issue after installing Windows 10 v1803

Apps freezing after Windows 10 v1803

The article the above information was taken from was written by a Microsoft MVP Awardee and is also a Windows Insider MVP.

Wanders off whistling
whistling.gif

Last edited:

Ask a Question