The Search Key was not found in any record...

Kashmira Heer

I had hidden columns in my spreadsheet, after unhidding and saving import worked.

ejo wrote:

re: the search key was not found in any record
10-Sep-09

Per other posters, try to rename columns that are being imported. In my experience, even though the columns were indeed renamed in the access import wizard, until i renamed them in the excel file itself, A2007 could care less.

On 20 May 2008 17:22
Les Hollan wrote:

When importing excel - the search key was not found in any record
I an new to Access 2007, When trying to import an excel file i get the
following message "the search key was not found in any record" when i click
ok it then says file was not improted. what is the search key?

On 17 June 2008 23:56
ErinAOlse wrote:

Seach key not found in any record error on import
Les

I am having the same problem and I am NOT new to Access (been using since
Access 2.0). The rest of my DB seems to be fine. I do not have any of the
Asian character sets many talk about seeing in fields. It is only when I try
to import from Excel that I get the error. I tried saving the Excel data to
both 97-2003 and 2007 versions to no avail. I also compacted and repaired the
database. If anyone has any OTHER ideas, please let us know! This is a
perplexing error and has me dead in the water regarding importing the data I
need from Excel therefore time is of the essence to find a fix

Thank you! -Eri

:

On 29 July 2008 15:45
Michell wrote:

RE: When importing excel - the search key was not found in any record
I have been importing excel files from the same source for quite sometime
with no problems. Today I attempted to import an excel data faile and got
this same error - "the search key was not found in any record". Has anyone
found a solution to this error? Can anyone explain what may be causing it?
Thank you in advance

:

On 29 July 2008 15:53
strive4peace wrote:

Re: When importing excel - the search key was not found in any record
Hi Michelle

I saw your previous message but did not respond because I do not have a
clear picture of what is happening... you need to provide more detail

Are you running code? If so, what is it

When does the error occur? After you have just done what

Do you have fields defined in the table to be required

What indexes do you have set up in the table definition

Are you importing into just one table? If so, what relationships exist
with other tables

Warm Regards
Crysta

remote programming and trainin

Access Basic
8-part free tutorial that covers essentials in Acces
http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peac

:) have an awesome day :

Michelle wrote:

On 10 September 2008 13:15
gwtwin wrote:

Re: When importing excel - the search key was not found in any rec
I have this issue when attempting to import a text file. I have some specs
set up when it comes to delimiting the file. Funny thing is it worked on the
first file that I attemtped to import but will not work on anything
subsequent to that one successful import? This is a critical issue. I
cannot continue the work I need to do becuase of this error!! Please provide
feedback

:

On 27 October 2008 13:06
Joyce Moody wrote:

The Search Key was not found in any record...
....I also got stumped with this error while trying to import an Excel table. I renamed my fields and that took care of it. I left out spaces and periods.

On 27 October 2008 21:16
Allen Browne wrote:

Re: The Search Key was not found in any record...
Joyce, can I suggest turning off Name AutoCorrect
It may have been behind this problem

For a partial list of the problems it can cause
http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.htm
--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australi
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.htm

<Joyce Moody> wrote in message
On 17 November 2008 12:13
gwtwin wrote:

Re: The Search Key was not found in any record...
:

I do not have Name Autocorrect turned on. I am leaning in the same direction
as Joyce though. I think somewhere in the file that I am trying to import
there is a field with a space, period or some toher undesireable character in
it. My import spec runs until it's almost done and then it errors out!!
Really frustrating!!! Anybody got any other ideas??

On 17 November 2008 20:19
Allen Browne wrote:

Re: The Search Key was not found in any record...
Did you run a compact/repair?
(The problem can be caused by a corrupt index.)

On 18 November 2008 16:15
David W. Fenton wrote:

Re: The Search Key was not found in any record...

Also, it can be caused by mismatched workgroup files.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/

On 10 December 2008 07:29
Gary wrote:

re: search key not found
I had the same problem. It was because I had another program open that had connected to my Access database - I was using Netobjects to generate an Access datalist.

Maybe you have some other application that has somehow "locked" the Access database. I noticed that it wasn't possible to change to Design View either when the table was locked.

After I closed Netobjects, the import worked fine.

On 25 January 2009 17:15
phil hebenstreit wrote:

search key not found
make sure you have simple and valid field names for the excel column names. make extra sure you do not have any special characters or punctuation as the field/column name. If in doubt, rename each column name to something very simple.

Access 2007 tries to be helpful, and if you have a field/column without a name it will use a formula based on the contects of the fields as the name and then somehow gets confused by its own decision.

phill

On 24 February 2009 15:11
rick w wrote:

Phil is right and...
Afte I cleaned up my column headers per phill's advice I still had the error. I changed the names thinking that the original header names (including 'STATUS' and 'RECORD' and other potentially reserved terms) might be an issue.

And, bing!, the file imported. So sheck your column headers for way-too-common terms like if the clean-up doens't do the trick.

On 04 March 2009 12:14
Kenneth Wolfgang wrote:

Search key not found on any record
Worked well for me too. This was an intermittent problem with this DB and files from this client. No evidence of special characters or prohibited text in the original headers but once fields were renamed, problem is solved.

On 30 July 2009 04:23
Wilson Tay wrote:

Search key not found on any record
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On 13 August 2009 00:30
Joshua Marin wrote:

Re: Importing to Excel
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On 27 August 2009 11:33
Dan Lubbs wrote:

The search key was not found in any record' with Access 2007
FIXED the problem. Tried to import an xlsx file into Access. check the header records with the descriptions of the columns. Look for & remove the leading space.
ie - col A row 1
' Name' change to 'Name'
The leading space (null?) throws the import for a loop.

On 05 September 2009 12:26
Jerome wrote:

search key not found
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On 10 September 2009 09:31
ejo wrote:

re: the search key was not found in any record
Per other posters, try to rename columns that are being imported. In my experience, even though the columns were indeed renamed in the access import wizard, until i renamed them in the excel file itself, A2007 could care less.

On 11 September 2009 10:23
Helen Goulden wrote:

When importing excel - the search key was not found in any record
Check the size of your database. The max size of an Access Database is 2 gigabytes. I get this error when my database exceeds this size.

On 01 October 2009 11:28
Joe Duggan wrote:

The Search Key was not found in any record
One source of the issue is having (in my case) leading spaces in the Excel spreadhseet column headers. Removing the spaces solved the prob.

On 01 October 2009 11:30
Joe Duggan wrote:

The Search key was not found in any record
Another source of the problem is having spaces in the excel spreadsheet column headers.

Modifying the Windows Registry on a Web Server ;using ASP / Windows Script Host
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...2-e989d757b8f2/modifying-the-windows-reg.aspx