The saddest day in my life.

Reaction score
I put this here, because so many of you nice people have answered my introduction post, and it shows me that when you get to be almost 77 you endure great saddness!

This is the saddest day in my wife Anne and my life. I know she was only a dog to others, but she was our very best friend.
She was a big dog, a boxer shepherd, and she had so many nice little ways that you could not help but truly love her. I feel sure that she loved us too.
We feel so happy that we gave her our love for a good part of our life, and made sure that she was very well looked after, and never ill treated.
She was about 14 years old, and we never knew that she was really sick until today. After spending eleven hours in the animal hospital and taking numerous tests, they found out that she had severe cancer.
She did appear to sleep a lot this last few weeks, and the last few days stayed very close to Anne and I. I firmly believe that she knew she was ill.
We could not possibly bear the thought of her being in any kind of pain, and when the doctor finally told us that the cancer was very bad indeed, we had her put to rest peaceably, and without pain.
We will miss our Brandy so very, very much.
Brandy we will never forget you and always love you.
Goodbye. Norman and Anne. "gotcha"

Reaction score
Please accept my deepest sympathy in your sad loss.
I know exactly how you are feeling at the moment, I to lost a true companion,her name was Tara. Passed away two years ago and I still miss here and always will.

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Gotcha

I am SO sorry to hear about Brandy. Love and hugs to yourself and Anne

Gabriella x

Reaction score
You can get very attached to your pets... and 14 years is a very long time to get to know one.. I imagine that Brandy became part of the family... So sorry to hear.. it's very sad when any life dies.. even the smallest sparrow..

Look on the bright side though..
We know that all living things die!!... But at least you know that Brandy had a good, full, long and happy life :)

Norman I wish you and Anne all the best for the future and hopefully your greif will soon pass maybee you might even then think about another pet, a small mongoose or somthing?... (sorry just wanted to make you Smile :) )

All the best anyway Norman..

Reaction score
i had my dog for 15 years and he got loose and the "dog pound" put him to sleep.... I was so sad.... then we moved to our new hosue and our dogs got out and they both got ran over by mean people that dont care about peoples animals.

One was by the mail man and the other was by a driver swirving at him and killing him.

Reaction score
Sorry mate. I love dogs. I bought my ex a nice little terrier. We called him Boss. This was my first year living in Thailand. I had to leave after 15 months for some reasons. But i was away for nearly 7 months. So me an the ex split up. This is the short version with the ex. But anyway. When we split. I came back and got to see a Boss a few times. But we were no longer together and i have a new missus and it would cause problems. But anyway i'm sorry for your loss.. I miss Boss. Very rarely i see my ex. But if i do i always ask after ma boy.

Ask a Question