The S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl General Chat Thread

Reaction score
I'm in Yantar but I keep getting killed by the snorks, and the rifle wielding zombies.

I can't see a path into the labs and I keep running into bogs.

This is not good.

And congratulations on finishing :D:D
bowdown.gif

Your a better man than me.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its all good mate, you'll get there soon. I just watched the other endings on Youtube, i'm glad i didn't go the the wishgranter, the endings there are all the bad endings, and they suck!! :D

You should just be hable to walk to the lab and then talk to that Krulov guy in the lab. (the roundish building)

Reaction score
V_R said:
Its all good mate, you'll get there soon. I just watched the other endings on Youtube, i'm glad i didn't go the the wishgranter, the endings there are all the bad endings, and they suck!! :D

You should just be hable to walk to the lab and then talk to that Krulov guy in the lab. (the roundish building)

Yeah I'm thinking I'm probably 2/3 of the way through now.

Can't continue now got work to do.

But there is plenty of time to waste on it.

I bet I'll end up with ab ad ending :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just dont go to the WishGranter and you'll be ok. Heres a vid of how to find the door to continue to the proper ending. Dont worry theres no spoiler in it. Apart from showing you what its like in the plant.

I didn't actually go that way when i did it, One of the screen shots (the skelition on the box) a few posts ago is not too far from the door and is in the video.

:)

Reaction score
I've just spent 2 hours doing it again and I'm in the X16 labs, and all the zombies keep killing me :p

How can dead people have such good aim? :D

Its not a very nice place to be to be honest.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
GP37 + sniping headshots = win! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game revealed!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, Prequel! :D

Early 2008!?!? Yeah right!! Dont think i'll be holdin me breath. :p

GSC Game World's made no secret about the need to be prepared for new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. announcements, but news that a full new irradiated shooty adventure in the pipeline is set to release in the first half of 2008 will likely raise an eyebrow or two. It's back to the Zone as we meet and greet S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky.

Revealed in the latest edition of PC Zone magazine, Clear Sky is a prequel to Shadow of Chernobyl. Without giving away too many plot for fear of spouting spoilers, it fleshes out the origins of one of the main characters in the first game who, stepping into the boots of a stalker from a rival faction this time around, you're out to kill.
According to GSC, the Zone we stalked in Shadow of Chernobyl was one of relative peace - really? - but a year earlier when Clear Sky is set the environment is far more hostile. The developer describes the area as being "agitated", with anomalies "extremely active and the landscape is vastly different to what you've seen before."

"Even the air isn't as pure as in the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - with these 'spatial bubbles' which are like confusing Möbius rings that whole expeditions of Stalkers simply can't find a way out of.", says project lead Anton Bolshakov.

PC Zone explains that Clear Sky's game world consists for 50 percent new territory and 50 percent twisted renditions of what you've played before.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=167570&site=cvg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
More Stalker Clear Sky info here....

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/803/803835p1.html

With screen shots! Looks good. :)

Also, the 1.004 patch should be on the way soon as GSC have said the following regarding patch 1.1 that includes a new game mode, Freeplay! :thumb:

And so, once again we emerge from the work and hand over another portion of information. Here it goes:

In patch 1.1 we are implementing Freeplay.

Here is how it will work:
After passing the game with one of the good endings, a Freeplay mode will become available in the menu, as well as the Extreme difficulty level.

What it will look like:

Usually, we start at the dealer's, but... no. We are no longer Strelok, and we are not going into the heart of the Zone. The player is now a newbie stalker and gets to live a regular stalker's life, without the past heroics.

Main innovations:

- The world of the game is completely under control of life simulation.
- Parameters of the simulation have been balanced for Freeplay.
- There will be no storyline missions in Freeplay.
- All levels up to and including Pripjat' will be available.
- All smart terrain has been unblocked! The simulation is no longer bound by any storyline scenes.
- The missions in the Freeplay mode are based on the mechanics of secondary quests from the regular game, but with new types of quests.
- Some new dialogs have been added.
- New types of quests are given by various factions - Stalkers, Freedom, Duty, Military, and characters - Dealer, Barman, Saharov.
- The game is for ratings, which are given out by the aforementioned factions and characters. There will be 7 ratings from each quest giver.
- Each new rating will be rewarded. Unique items will be among the rewards.
- New unique items and weapons have been added.
- The "top 100" rating has a new algorithm. Rating of all stalkers changes during the whole duration of the game. It is valuable now.
- PDA has expanded statistics - the number of enemies and monsters killed, weapons and ammo used, shooting efficiency, time spent in locations, artifacts found, items used, unique items found, and much more.

In other words, Freeplay mode is for those who wanted to walk around the Zone after passing the game once or twice. Not to run around, completing mission quests, but to just live inside the Zone. To get the rank of the rich man of the Zone from the dealer, to collect all artifacts for the scientists, or do some of many other possible things. Simulation will be different, more life-like, now that all limitations have been removed. It will be rebalanced specifically for Freeplay, and a number of shortcomings we learned about after the release will be fixed.

Freeplay in patch 1.1 is only the first step, the tip of the iceberg of changes we are making to the game for the next installment. But, more about that after E3.

Many changes in gameplay and fixes are not described here. In the next portion of news I will tell you about the new difficulty level - Extreme.

Reaction score
Wow great info VR :D

Looks pretty interesting.

Goign to play a bit more soon. Havn't played since I got into the X16 labs.

as for 2008 - :D:D:D

weren't they about 5 years overdue on this one?? :D

Reaction score
In an unusally productive couple of hours, I completed the X16 labs and made a 40,000 credit trade with the bloke in the bunker :D

I went back to the Bar, but just before I accepted the mission for the Brain Scorcher, I noticed on my PDA that I had an objective called 'Meet... (can't remember who)' all the way back towards Cordon. So off I trotted, and the guy told me to meet a guy called Doctor in Strelok's hiding place, which appeared to be towards Agaprom.

However when I got there, I went to Agaprom it told me to go back to Garbage, and vice versa.
wallbash.gif

Do you know where the hiding place is?

And btw, I had one of those moments in the game when you are just stunned by the independence of the world you are in.
nod.gif

When I was running back to Cordon, I had to protect the Car Park guys (about 7 people) against Bandits. Fair enough, so I did. then on my way back up to Agaprom, I passed the Car Park again and jumped out my skin when I heard about 10 dogs barking at me. I turned around and saw all the guys were dead in the Car Park, and a huge pack of dogs were eating them, and rampaging over Garbage attacking Bandits, getting sucked into anomolies and all sorts.

It doesn't sound much, but at the time it was quite something :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Do you know where the hiding place is?
Its in Agroprom? I think, is that the one where you save mole and then go down the shaft and under ground for a bit....Then you climb a ladder in a shaft, make your way into a room of some kind and then theres a cut sceen iirc. Not 100% sure though... :blush:

I know what you mean mate, i did that a few times when i played it, just had to stop and look around at the vast area around me, guys shootin dogs, anomalies etc, its all good. :)

EDIT: check this out, maybe it will help. :)

**Possible spoilers**

http://www.webalice.it/requena/game/stalker/stalker_Map_Zone.htm

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I completed it :D

I went to the Wishgranter, and got a crap ending where I asked to be rich and money fell from the sky. Then the building collapsed on me >_<.

I quicksaved just before I made a wish though, so at some point I'm going to go to the lab instead of the wish granter.

Truly crap ending :p

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah yes the wishgranter, dont even bother mate, go straight pas it. :thumb:

Congrats on finishing it though! :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Couple of updates if anyones stll playin this...

Patch 1.4 has been delayed.... :rolleyes:

Oblivion lost are on strike!

OblivionLostStreik-THQ-english.jpg

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
So uhh, will that actually do anything, or are they just ...lost

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
Well I completed it :D

I went to the Wishgranter, and got a crap ending where I asked to be rich and money fell from the sky. Then the building collapsed on me >_<.

I quicksaved just before I made a wish though, so at some point I'm going to go to the lab instead of the wish granter.

Truly crap ending :p
So did you finish it properly in the end mate? :)

Reaction score
Yeah I did.

I will proabably play it through again whenever I upgrade my system. The slightly stodgy graphics did make it a little less enjoyable.

Brilliant game though.

And a much better ending too. The wishgranter one is actually stupid. If I didn't know there was another ending and I had played all those hours for that I would be peed off :p:D