The S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl General Chat Thread

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tis true for me, but i do read the controls in game, so i can then go and configure my mouse buttons. :)

Reaction score
Yeah I always use the Arrow keys aswell. fart arsing around with keys all over K/B is a pain in the proverbial.

Those dogs are far too many imo. I actually uninstalled it about a month ago because I got bored of it. Too much waiting around and looking for things to do I thought. I prefer a game that continues to have tasks instead of having to look for them for ages, only to be jumped on by a stupid dog and lose 2 hours of gameplay!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just run away from the dogs they dont follow you. They have there own area they protect. :)

Reaction score
Its something you have to be in the moood to do.

You need to have a hour or more of free time I reckon each time you play, because it is a slow progress kind of game.

Reaction score
Yea exactly, a little too slow. I dunno I may try again soon I do have the save backed up so not lost all hope lol

Reaction score
OH MY GOD.

I just played this game at night (in game... :p) and it was absolutely breathtaking.

In a dingy broken warehouse, 2 men sit by the fire with a guitar, as another stood looking at them with his headtorch casting long, weepy shadows and the fire making the shadows dance.

Amazing.

However now it is daytime and I have just had to spend 20 mins running all the way back to the start to collect the reward for a mission. now I have to run back again.

Bad, bad, bad mission planning there.

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
However now it is daytime and I have just had to spend 20 mins running all the way back to the start to collect the reward for a mission. now I have to run back again.

Bad, bad, bad mission planning there.

Exactly, very frustrating!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i dont like is the back and forwards to collect rewards....

I think there is a mod it jump from one place to another somewhere, but not 100% sure. But this is why i am thinking for using the endurance mod, you can carry more and thus run for longer making it a bit less annoying. You get endurance artifacts later on too. ;)

Reaction score
Going to kick around on it for a bit more now.

I didn't save and lost a chunk of play again
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif

Tell you what though it sounds snazzy in 5.1.

Bandits started shooting me from behind and I shat myself :blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Lol. dont forget save, save, save!
user.gif

Just been playing for the last couple of hours, finished the X16 labs now, got an interesting cut scene....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stalker.jpg
    Stalker.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 214
Reaction score
Wow. How very cinematic. Looks interesting though. How far through the game are you?

I swear I don't make any progress at all because I keep bloody dying and having to play for like 20 mins to get back to where I was.

I still can't get the military documents, and I had to come out of the hole where you are meant to find the 'stash' so I could finish 2 other missions which took me like an hour to run back and forth and back and forth for :mad:

Going to play some more now. How do you get the military documents? Do you just have to blast your way through?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I am on my way to Pripyat.

What mission is it PG? ill see if i can help you. :)

Reaction score
Um. It's where you have to steal military documents at the next to the Agaprom Research institue.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah, where you have to save mole?

Reaction score
Yeah but I have saved mole. Apparently I have to steal some documents off the military and they are in a kind of fortified base. Its adjacent to the Institute.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah, i know, brute force mate, the docs are on the third level in a suitcase. just gotta kill all the guys and make it out alive. :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Some levels are like that, and some are quite easy, just the way it is mate. :)