The S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl General Chat Thread

Reaction score
Do you know what happened to ghost? I came out of the underground but there is still a task there. I got attacked by a controller so I just sprinted to the ladder to get out.

Do I need to go back down to find ghost or is he somehwere else?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i just came across Ghost again yesterday. All i will say is play the game. ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
By the way, when you go back to the Bar, pop over to the warehouse level. Some good guns there. :)

Reaction score
Just come out of the X18 labs - God I hate it down there - and I can't get past the military. Is there a special route or do I just need to blast out of there?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Your making good progress aint you. :D

Cant remember off the top of my head, ill check an old save later and let ya know.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The 1.0004 patch is in the pipeline now gents! The bit in bold is the bit i am interested in. Lets just hope it makes it this time, as that was supposed to be in the 1.0003 patch. :)

Look here

Excuse the German translation, via Google. I'm sure you get the idea. :thumb:

General changes:
- The Retail version functions now correctly with Standalone Dedicated servers
- Remote price increase of Dedicated servers
- “MaxPingDisconnect” - option for Multiplayer servers
- The compression of the transmission packages in on-line mode improves - better Ping, reduces Traffic around 50-100%
- The play works now correctly with maps of the Community was provided - a change of the ltx file is not any longer necessarily, simply the.db file downloaden and to play
- To only separate some MP-fixed to be e.g. seen as the ability other servers without itself from a server to, various Crashs,….

Performance:
- Optimization of the dual core support
- 15% higher FPS
- A Shaderoptimierung with 5-10% the more FPS to beech strikes

FR:
- Some Singleplayer fixed

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I didn't play this all weekend due to playing TDU most of the time....

I may hang on for the patch and enjoy the last part of the game with the increased performance it will hopefully bring...:user:

Reaction score
No I havn't played since last week. Been too busy.

This weekned I may get round to getting on a bit in the game though.

Good to see some performance improvements too. Should be a good patch :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I managed to get an hour in last night, on my way to the Red Forest and to the 'Brain Scorcher'! Seems to be loads of radiation around though, so i need to go back to my stash and get more artifacts. Typical, as i had just unloaded all my gear and traded some weapons i picked up earlier to lighten the load as i was over 50kg..... :rolleyes:

Still playing TDU a lot. :)

Good to see some performance improvements too. Should be a good patch.
Lets just hope the performance improvements make it into this patch, they were supposed to be in the last one......

Reaction score
I haven't used any artifacts. I just pump myself full of vodka/anti radiation drugs.

I'm that kind of waster :D

Got some more exams for the next couple of days, then I'll move on.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Finally dragged myself away from TDU to play an hour of this today. :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
So, whats it like? is it really open ended? like Elderscrolls with guns?
also, how does it run on your system specs? and not just you, V_R, not everyone has a 8800 :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its a really good game imo. very immersive. Played it for a good few hours last night, done the brain scorcher, getting set to got to Pipyrat, not far off the end now i think....

It runs good on my system 8800 oc'ed to 920/1950mhz, but still has problems here and there.....Its not very well coded tbh.....

Also bee using the Endurance mod so i can carry more, makes the game so much better, can carry 150kg now. :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I havn't played for about 3 weeks because of my AS's, but tbh as impressed as I was to begin with, when you are getting sod all fps it does drag down the experience.

It is a great game though. I'll play it again this weekend maybe. Not friday though as I'm getting completely battered :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
I havn't played for about 3 weeks because of my AS's, but tbh as impressed as I was to begin with, when you are getting sod all fps it does drag down the experience.
I said earlier in this thread you may need to drop you settings a bit later in the game didn't i. ;)

You could try the Float32 mod. (Also the official site here, if you'd rather an installer) I haven't tried it myself although i am tempted. Reports are very good, you should see a 10-15 fps increase and much better graphics. (lighting and bump mapping etc.) Check out post 1960 here for some examples (notice the frame rate in the top left corner). :)

In fact its going to be part of the official 1.0004 patch!
bowdown.gif
(due in early July apparently)

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, so i gave the Float32 mod a quick go last night. So far its seems good, i think.....Need to play more and have a good run round to see if i notice any major differences. (only played for about 30 minutes.)

Will report back later tonight/tomorrow. :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
awsome
i been aching for a new game, perhaps i will get it :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Is worth gettin imo. :thumb:

If yo do, i recommend getting the endurance and float32 mods, along with the latest nvidia drivers (see here) and your all set. :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i think i will do without the endurance mod, to get a more fuller experience. No cheatin here :D
and the float 32 increases performance , or sort of?
since i dont have vista or a 8800 series, do i really need the drivers? i figured the 94.xx were the ones to use for a xp user

Reaction score
My drivers are a bit out of date now.

Got to knuckle down and play this weekend, though I am tempted to just wait for the 1.4 patch.

And I would like to use the endurance mod when I do as well :D