The Print Spooler Service Is Not Running

Reaction score
Hi
This may be a software problem or it could be malware.
Yesterday my printer was working but seemed to be hijacked by "kst printer", which appeared as the chosen printer.
I thought I had got rid of that, and last night I went through Black Viper's website to tidy up my running services.
Today I have no printer and get the above message. If I go into services the description is "·þÎñÃèÊö".
I see from earlier posts, suggestions to amend Registry settings but I can't find setting for Spooler - I run XP.
Hope you can help.
Tony

Reaction score
Correction - I have managed to get it working.
But the description is still the same, and I have "kstprinter" listed among my printers.
So I think there is still a serious problem.
Tony

Reaction score
Hi Tony
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Welcome to the forum
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

We need a little bit more info in oreder to help you.

What OS is your computer running, What AV is it running ? What sort of printer are you using ?
And finally have you run any sort of malware programs etc to detect for malware and spyware etc ?

Reaction score
XP Pro, Nvidea GeForce 6100
My printer is a Canon MP610
I run AVG, and since I thought I had a problem with kstprinter, I have run (updated) Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and Ccleaner!
I have just done a search for kstprinter (which at one stage was in my Program Files) and found nothing other than TempInternet files - possibly from my searches. There is no Registry software entry for kstprinter; but it is still on my printers screen.
Tony

Reaction score
I seem to have got rid of kstprinter, but the Description in Services is still the same.
Tony

Reaction score
Thank You

I just wanted to say thanks to the people who post simple idiot proof solutions here. Some of us who don't know what we are doing really benefit.
Thanks my printer is running smoothly again.

Ask a Question