The PCR Movies Thread!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Didn't get to see Captain Marvel in Bournemouth unfortunately. Time was against me. A bit of a shame really as we were staying across the road from the BH2 centre which was showing it on their top end iScreen/Dolby Atmos screen. But we were only there for the weekend and a 2+ hour trip to the cinema just wasn't doable.

Will have to settle for the local one instead, this week or next with any luck!

Anyone else seen it yet?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nope, not seen it here yet either - I think we might try and see it in the next couple of weeks if possible. Just need to decide if we see it in our local (super comfy), or take a trip to the bigger screen at the Trafford Centre.

If you see it before us, let us know what you think of it!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Didn't get to see Captain Marvel in Bournemouth unfortunately. Time was against me. A bit of a shame really as we were staying across the road from the BH2 centre which was showing it on their top end iScreen/Dolby Atmos screen. But we were only there for the weekend and a 2+ hour trip to the cinema just wasn't doable.

Will have to settle for the local one instead, this week or next with any luck!

Anyone else seen it yet?

Ah that's a shame, I did wonder whether you'd seen it! We haven't been yet. Like Ian says our local cinema is really comfy (it has sofas!) but for a blockbuster the big cinema is usually better.

I did see an interesting film last week though, definitely worth a watch :nod:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm glad Will Smith doesn't look quite so weird in this trailer!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just back from Captain Marvel. Solid film. Bit slow to start but gets going nicely. Humour is on point.

Goose the cat is amazing. :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
3 Hours and 2 minutes! Can. Not. Wait. :drool:

https://comicbook.com/2019/03/25/avengers-endgame-runtime-reportedly-revealed-three-hours/

A new landing page for Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame on the AMC Theatres website reveals a runtime of three hours and two minutes. If that runtime holds true, it makes Endgame the longest-running Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and its first to run longer than two-and-a-half hours, bypassing the 149-minute Avengers: Infinity War.

In February, as Endgame neared completion, whispers began to circulate touting a three-hour runtime, prompting directors Anthony and Joe Russo to remark studio Disney is “down with what the best story is.” Explained Joe Russo, “Right now, we think the movie is playing well and we’ve had great responses from our test audiences and we’re feeling very good about where it is.”

“We’re still doing work to it. We’re not done with it. Again, this is a culmination film of 22 movies, it’s a lot of storytelling to work into it,” Russo said last month. “Emotion is an intrinsic part of that to us. When you have to tell a really complicated story and you want strong emotional moments with the characters, it just requires a certain amount of real estate.”

Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige previously affirmed Endgame would not feel beholden to a constricted running time and would instead be released at the “perfect” length. “We’re gonna release the movie at the exact right running time,” Feige said early March. “I’m telling you this, it’s gonna be perfect. It’s gonna be the exact running time that the movie needs to be.”

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'll certainly try! Cinema isn't far from where I work + 4pm finish on a Friday = Fingers crossed! :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Well I'm looking forward to your spoiler-free review! :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is a really well done 'The story so far' fan made film. Really good. Be warned there is some Endgame trailer footage in it, just in case you're actively avoiding it.

Also this.

Ask a Question