The PCR Movies Thread!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm sure it will, I like trying new things. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We watched First Man, great film! :)

Becky

Webmistress
Administrator
Reaction score
We watched First Man, great film! :)
I'm glad you liked it! I thought they did a really good job.

We watched Bird Box on Netflix the other night, I'm clearly getting better with the scary stuff :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We watched Bird Box this weekend too, it was alright, A Quiet Place is much better. There were a few bits about BB that annoyed me, the sat nav scene for one!

Becky

Webmistress
Administrator
Reaction score
We watched Bird Box this weekend too, it was alright, A Quiet Place is much better. There were a few bits about BB that annoyed me, the sat nav scene for one!
Yes I'd agree with that! :nod:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oooooooooh! That looks good. :)

Edit:

International Trailer, not vastly different but a few new scenes, they changed the ending. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Given the name (i.e. 3), are they going for the original cast again? I want to watch this, but I'm not sure if that's just 80s nostalgia talking :lol:.

Becky

Webmistress
Administrator
Reaction score
We watched 'Outlaw King' the other day:

It was surprisingly good! I was worried it was going to be another Braveheart, but thankfully not. It was funny seeing such a big collection of Game of Thrones actors in it too, lol. Worth a watch!

On that note, here's some trivia from IMDb about one of the characters:

James Douglas became known as "The Black" for his fierceness. The clan of Douglas would gain enormous power in Scotland and was seen as a threat to the country's stability in the years after James' rule over the clan. In 1440 the clan leadership was invited to a dinner, served a black bulls head, then summarily murdered. Thereafter it became known as the "Black Dinner". The events went on to inspire the Red Wedding in George R R Martin's fantasy series 'A Song of Ice and Fire' which was also portrayed in the HBO series based on the books, 'Game of Thrones'

Reactions: V_R

Becky

Webmistress
Administrator
Reaction score
Is it just me, or was that a pretty disappointing trailer?! :rolleyes:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I thought it was alright, still not giving too much away, unlike a lot of trailers these days do, mind you its not really a trailer, its only a TV Spot or a teaser.

Was this one too...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Another space related film, just in time for the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11:

This one looks fantastic! The quality of that original footage is worth the cinema price alone :D.

Becky

Webmistress
Administrator
Reaction score
This looks incredible, I can't wait to see it! :bow:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
MCU Rewatch Sit-Rep!

Watched up to Thor Ragnarkok now. Black Panther, Infinity War and Ant-man and the Wasp left.

Have stepped it up a bit and decided to watch them all before Captain Marvel rather than just one a week until Endgame because, well, why not. Might be in Bournemouth the week CM is released and they have a new-er cinema there that does 'iScreen' and Dolby Atmos. Much better than the offerings here and in the local area. So I might see if I can squeeze in a cheeky viewing. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Administrator
Reaction score
Good work! Randomly we re-watched Ragnarok the other day, it's a great film. I want to rewatch Infinity War before Endgame comes out, and I'm looking forward to seeing Captain Marvel :nod:

Ask a Question