The PCR Movies Thread!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Capt. Marvel looks like it could be good! Here's hoping :D.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score

Fun fact - my parents nearly called me 'Laura Anne Hardy' until someone pointed out that it probably wasn't a good idea :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Now with considerably less Michael Bay. He is a producer but not directing. I am confident this should be much better than the previous titles.

Oooh, by the way, we watched this the other day. Very good and well worth checking out. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Never been much of an X-Men fan, but this does look alright! I guess it helps that Sophie Turner is easy on the eyes. :nod:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Something must be wrong with me, because I just watched this trailer and thought it looked good :eek: :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
At first i was like, NO, GOD NO. But Ryan Reynolds brought me back.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I really want to see that!

It was really good, definitely a film that's worth seeing at the cinema for the sound IMO. Don't sit too close to the screen though, there are lots of close ups and shaky camera scenes. I'm probably biased because I love space films, but I thought it was particularly well done. There was great attention to detail, and the story focuses on the lesser known stuff rather than the story everyone is familiar with. There's a great blend of film and history, a lot of the radio voices are recordings from the events rather than actors. Also there a scene where you see a guy sketching the Apollo 11 crew - this was Paul Calle, and he is an artist who is known for designing space stamps. In the film, he is played by his son, Chris Calle, who followed in his fathers footsteps. We've met him, he's a really nice guy :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure about this. I loved the original and it looks like they're trying to recreate it shot by shot. I was expecting to like it, but having seen the trailer I'm not sure!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I just came here to post that.

Here's a confession, I've never seen the original. I will have to watch it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Haha, But I was going to watch The Nun tonight. :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It was ****. Not a total surprise tbh!

In other news, I got a Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar on Friday, Didn't want to go full 5.1 due to the extra speakers, cables and small people soon to be running around so figured a soundbar was the best option and with this one you can add a wireless sub and rears at a later date if you want. I'm impressed, for an all on one its got a ton of bass. :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It was indeed, not an amazing deal, but I've been keeping my eye out for something for a while so I took the punt while the going was good.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That looks.... interesting?

An Avengers 4 trailer can't be far away now! :thumb:

Ask a Question