The PCR Movies Thread!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Haha. I've seen the trailer for that a few times now. Again last night at the cinema. I'm pretty sure it will be terrible. I'll still watch it though!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yup! :D Johnson somehow makes terrible films watchable - I actually enjoyed the Baywatch film :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I don't think he's a bad actor tbh. Better than the other wrestler-turned-actor lot anyway!

We liked Baywatch too. It wasn't as bad as it was made out to be.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Avengers this week! Spoilers will be everywhere.

Also this looks bloody great!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Oooohhh that looks really good! They've got a great cast. Also I got all excited thinking it was out on 10th May before I realised it was a US date format, and it's actually out on 5th October :rolleyes::blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So then! Who's seeing Infinity War, and when?! I'm tempted to go after work again tomorrow like I usually do. It's going to be almost three hours with trailers and advert's though. :eek:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It's going to be almost three hours with trailers and advert's though. :eek:

Eek! I was actually toying with whether I'll be up to a cinema trip... I can sit for around 2 hours if I time my painkillers right, so if I sat on an aisle then I could get up for a walk if needed. Not sure if a long film would be a good idea just yet though. If you do see it let us know what you think! :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The film alone is 2h 40m, That might be a bit much for you back imo, not that I'm a doctor or anything, but it might be pushing it a bit. :)

I shall take one for the team and report back. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The film alone is 2h 40m, That might be a bit much for you back imo, not that I'm a doctor or anything, but it might be pushing it a bit. :)

I shall take one for the team and report back. :D

Yeah it probably is a bit too long for me unfortunately (insert "that's what she said" joke here). Looking forward to hearing what you think of it! :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
i may be going this afternoon after work..... ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Seems to be a preponderance of sci-fi and horror type movies reviewed in this thread. :)

Well, here's one that's a bit different. The Death Of Stalin is a comedy film written by Armando Iannucci who, of course, wrote The Thick Of It.

th

It's really quite a hoot and particularly if you know a bit about what went on just after Stalin did die. It features Michael Palin, Steve Buscemi and Simon Russell Beale. If you like political satire you will like this. Seems that, as it depicts people who really existed in the USSR, it is now banned there !

:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Must be about time for a new Marvel film, right?!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Must be about time for a new Marvel film, right?!

Lol, well there hasn't been one in quite a while... :fool:

So the whole premise of the technology is that it manipulates the size of mass, so you can be small but still pack a punch. But surely that would mean that enlarged things would have the same mass too (ie large but light)? But they seem to show big things with big mass. Where did all the mass come from? Also they also seem to ignore this when they feel like it, and sometimes things that have been shrunk also have a smaller mass :confused: :wall:

That being said, I really enjoyed the first film and will probably enjoy the second :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I always watch me fillums half a century after everybody else so...

I recently watched the latest Star Wars and I thought it was great, dunno what all those Star Wars fanatics are getting their knickers in a twist about, good characters, plenty of story and action and, of course, Carrie Fisher's swansong :(

And two nights ago watched Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool which was kind of bittersweet and made me realise what a fine actor Annette Benning is.

And not a film but just started binge watching Call The Midwife Series Seven. I think there must be a bit of girlie in me cos I really like this series, can even bring a bit of a moist eyeball to me sometimes :blush:

I saw Wind River. Good film, albeit gritty and upsetting.

And finally The Florida Project - Uncomfortable, disturbing and heartbreaking. Not mainstream Hollywood.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well this came out of nowhere, and to add to that it doesn't look terrible. No Michael Bay!

Ask a Question