The minimum security?

Reaction score
Evening all
I have a Talktalk broadband internet connection through a router with built-in firewall.
Unfortunately, my computer is fairly appalling (see my other posts for more details!) and seems only truly happy running one large application at a time.
Therefore my talktalk security software, which is very good and has all the bells and whistles attached (free for 90 days), is really slowing things down.
So here's my question: With my router already having a firewall, what is the minimum (ie least computer resources hungry) FREE security software I could get away with?
Thanks in advance

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i use Anti Vir. Your pc isnt running xp i take it? So i dont think you get a built in firewall do you? Kerio is a good free firewall as is zonealarm.

All use minimal resources and free. :thumb:

Just be sure to uninstall all the old antivirus and firewall before installing the new stuff.

Reaction score
Cheers -
I run Windows 2000, so no firewall there, but my router has one - do I still need to download and run another one? I'd like to take as much pressure as possible off my aging processor and measly RAM....

Ask a Question