2wire 2700hg-b

Reaction score
Hi,my present set up is TalkTalk broadband through their supplied modem smart ax mt882 on my xp home sp3 desktop with nvidia nforce 10/100/100 Ethernet adaptor.I use TalkTalk security by F-secure..Windows firewall OFF. I got a 2wire 2700hg-b to connect wifi to my partners laptop and also her Archos 5. The 2wire sent out wifi signal and also connected to the laptop by the Ethernet adaptor (Vista home) with full internet access, but will not give me full access on my desktop (no wifi adaptor) Everything is as it is on the laptop, line is found ,ppp ok, everything looks like it should work and it is great on the other two devices but no mater what I do I can`t get full access with the desktop`s Ethernet from the 2wire. Tried both auto setup and type in setup. Have pinged the Ethernet adaptor just in case but it is ok..and it works no problem when I put the TalkTalk modem back on the system. I`m trying to keep this as short as I can ..so if I`ve missed out something..sorry. If anyone can help it would save me pulling the rest of my hair out..Thanks.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi biffo, I read through that twice but couldn't get my head round your setup?

Are you trying to use the talk talk modem AND the 2wire 2700hg-b wireless router?

Reaction score
Hi,
Connection = TalkTalk broadband
Supplied modem = smart ax mt882
Replaced with router = 2wire 2700hg-b
Connects to xp home sp3 via nvidia nforce 10/100/100 Ethernet adaptor.
Security software = TalkTalk security by F-secure.
Windows firewall OFF.
Connects to partners laptop and also her Archos 5 via wifi.
Connection on these is fine via wifi and ethernet.
Internet on desktop doesn't work... however it pings the router fine.

Thanks for your help

(I'm never retyping someones post again... most people will just blank it if grammer and punctuation is missing)

Reaction score
From a command prompt (Start->Run-> CMD)
Type... IPCONFIG
Your gateway should be the same as the routers address.

If it is then....
via your browser (i.e I.E, Chrome etc) tell it to never dial a network connection
(usually in internet options -> connections )
make sure its "Working Online"

If these settings are correct then disable the firewall in the F-Secure as it could be blocking DNS calls etc.
(Only turn off the firewall for diagnostics)

Post back the results.

Cheers

Reaction score
Hi JaLing, thanks for understanding. I did the fig check and is as it should be=gateway,= ip add. =and mask. Never dial a connection is highlighted and though I HATE doing it I turned off the firewall=still the same result=very limited access saved pages mostly. I see nothing to stop it working, but am sure willing to be proved wrong. Thank you for your time.

Reaction score
Look into resetting your TCP/IP stack and flushing the DNS.
There's too many notes for me to write here about it.

Ask a Question