The Mexican Mafia & BitTorrent?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
This reads like a Monty Pythons sketch. If it were not for the fact that this concerns one of the most prestigious american TV shows similar to our Panorama It would have you howling with laughter. However the utter tripe offered on the show is just the sort of information that governments around the world take for fact and base their laws upon. Read it , laugh, then prepare to fight for your freedom. :D

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/editorial-60-minutes-mpaa,review-1449.html

"Grandma and grandpa are getting misinformation and don’t even realize it."

"CBS News reporter Lesley Stahl and producer Tom Anderson should be embarrassed for having aired this story. They implied that organized crime is behind internet file sharing. They never talked to anyone for an opposing point of view (BitTorrent creator Bram Cohen, or the Electronic Frontier Foundation would both have been excellent choices). And they never mentioned the fact that the MPAA spends millions of dollars on lawsuits in which they end up collecting only thousands of dollars in settlements, in what I can only describe as publicity stunt litigation.

As the late Walter Cronkite rolls in his grave, I’m left wondering what happened here. Have CBS News and 60 Minutes reached a level of incompetence that makes it impossible for them to know that organized crime does not give away stolen goods? Are they so out of touch with technology that putting pieces of a file back together, something which WinZip has done since the early 1990s, sounds like brain surgery?

Personally, I find it hard to believe that CBS News and 60 Minutes have become this inept. Unfortunately, the only other possible conclusion, is that what I watched Sunday night was a biased, intentional, and unforgivable 12 minute long Public Service Announcement for the MPAA. "

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Disinformation, propaganda, lies and downright lies... throw enough crap and some of it will stick, regardless of it's authenticity.

Take global warming for instance... ;)

Ask a Question