Thanks Flopps but my mobo is > dead

Reaction score
hey flopps just a quick thanks for the psu it arrived today nicely boxed:

2d0bbaaa.jpg

so let me show the problem I originally had see this pin was missing:

9c0ff88c.jpg

now I took the whole PSU out (old one) replaced with new one and nothing worked! same thing really

so I had a look at the PSU u sent and see same thing:

7e8889da.jpg
-

so surely this is normal?

anyway I get a light (ddr ram light orange) on the board, but nothing else is working

fac7f1ef.jpg

e2495f94.jpg

think it is a dead mobo any ideas?

Reaction score
on a separate note the women at reception is a little cutie I've been chirpsing her for a while now lol

she was intrigued by the box - so I was just explaining to her that I'm on this forum and one of my friends near the cutty sark sent it - famous place eh :)

Reaction score
tbh this machine is not that important except the data on drives (not backed up either)
I was thinking of churning it one day so maybe that day has come
will see :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Yours is a 22 pin connector, the one FBS sent is a 20 pin connector. I just looked at a few PSU's I have in my box and only have 20 pin connectors and they all have one pin missing. Not even any wires running to the plug. Are there any wires running to the plug on yours ? Whats the make/model and serial number on it and I can look it up for you.

And to be honest the only time I have seen 22 pin connectors is on Crapple Mac's

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yours is a 22 pin connector, the one FBS sent is a 20 pin connector. I just looked at a few PSU's I have in my box and only have 20 pin connectors and they all have one pin missing. Not even any wires running to the plug. Are there any wires running to the plug on yours ? Whats the make/model and serial number on it and I can look it up for you.

And to be honest the only time I have seen 22 pin connectors is on Crapple Mac's

on the newer psu (that flopps sent) there are no wires running
so it prob is v normal

just dont understand why there is no power going into the board
maybe the board is finished
i will have to take everything out and troubleshoot it from the basics and just have the psu connected
v strange this

Reaction score
very ironic how I just threw away a case, another socket A motherboard that I had kept for 2 years
damn my luck

Ask a Question