Temporary Internet Files

A

Arpan

I am working on Windows 2000 Professional & use Internet Explorer 6.0 as the default browser. When I navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings, I find that there are two folders named Temp & Temporary Internet Files. In this Temp folder, there is a folder named Temporary Internet Files. Often I find that a virus exists in this folder. What I would like to know is does IE6 make use of this folder named Temporary Internet Files which exists in this Temp folder? Will IE6 function properly if this folder is permanently deleted from the m/c? Also, if permanently deleted, will IE6 again create a similar new folder named Temporary Internet Files in the Temp folder when IE is opened next time?

Apart from the Temporary Internet Files folder in the Temp folder, there are some other folders as well that have strange names like VBE, vwpt, 1CT77NV7, 1DU5UID, 1DU6P4PG, ns_temp, pftB~tmp, {14ED627C-6C77-46FA-8951-DFFC4E95DE1E}, WZSE0.TMP, WZS4.tmp, nst3.tmp etc. I would like to have the answers to the same questions I have asked above with respect to these folder?

Thanks,

Arpan

Z

Ziggy

i have the same problem but one is in c:\windows\temp but no virus & dunno what causing it i can delete it but appears after awhile again.

I am working on Windows 2000 Professional & use Internet Explorer 6.0 as the default browser. When I navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings, I find that there are two folders named Temp & Temporary Internet Files. In this Temp folder, there is a folder named Temporary Internet Files. Often I find that a virus exists in this folder. What I would like to know is does IE6 make use of this folder named Temporary Internet Files which exists in this Temp folder? Will IE6 function properly if this folder is permanently deleted from the m/c? Also, if permanently deleted, will IE6 again create a similar new folder named Temporary Internet Files in the Temp folder when IE is opened next time?

Apart from the Temporary Internet Files folder in the Temp folder, there are some other folders as well that have strange names like VBE, vwpt, 1CT77NV7, 1DU5UID, 1DU6P4PG, ns_temp, pftB~tmp, {14ED627C-6C77-46FA-8951-DFFC4E95DE1E}, WZSE0.TMP, WZS4.tmp, nst3.tmp etc. I would like to have the answers to the same questions I have asked above with respect to these folder?

Thanks,

Arpan

Ask a Question