Windows Vista Temporary Internet Files

Reaction score
Please help!

I have just bought a new PC installed with Vista. When I am trying to save online images to my desktop they are being saved to the temporary internet folder instead of having the option to save the image straight to my desktop. I have therefore opened the temp file and saved a copy to my desktop.
I am trying to send these images as an attachment in hotmail to send to a friend but when I attach the file it is empty and I am getting the message that the attachment has 0 bytes and is empty. How can I save these images and bypass saving as temporary internet files?

Reaction score
garjan said:
Please help!

I have just bought a new PC installed with Vista. When I am trying to save online images to my desktop they are being saved to the temporary internet folder instead of having the option to save the image straight to my desktop. I have therefore opened the temp file and saved a copy to my desktop.
I am trying to send these images as an attachment in hotmail to send to a friend but when I attach the file it is empty and I am getting the message that the attachment has 0 bytes and is empty. How can I save these images and bypass saving as temporary internet files?

Hi and welcome to the forum...
YOur images are saved by default to your pictures folder unless when you right click and select to save to desktop...Erm try looking in your "Pictures" folder for your pics......:p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Garjan, alternatively, if you happen to use Firefox, it is very easy to change the destination of your saved images by left clicking Tools, then Options. Select the Main tab from the pop-up and under Downloads, you will see "Save files to" - just click on "Browse" and a list will come up. Select "Desktop" or wherever else you would prefer to send them. Click "OK" and you are done. :)

Reaction score
hi again,

I have installed Firefox but the type of online image Im trying to save doesnt have the option to left click it only has the save option. When I choose this the image is no longer saving to the temporary internet files folder but is telling me that it is being saved to my desktop. But it's not there! I had a few tries and even searched the whole PC for the name of the document but its not being found. What am I doing wrong? Thanks again

Reaction score
I tried those suggestions Muckshifter but I think the problem is something to do with
the type of image I am trying to save. I go to the site and then to view the document I have to use the site's enhanced image viewer. If I right click anywhere on it the only option I have is 'properties' nothing else. I'm sure this is a Vista issue being justifiably paranoid an' all since I started using it. When I am in the actual image itself and go to save it, in internet explorer its showing as already saved numerous times in desktop. However, when I try to view it outside of internet explorer its not on the desktop and as I mentioned before a full search of the PC using the name of the document shows no results. Please dont get bored yet! I dont know how to resolve this its driving me mad.

Reaction score
garjan said:
I think the problem is something to do with
the type of image I am trying to save.

Here's a solution, how about letting us know what type of images you are trying to save, or a site with th images you are trying to save....

Reaction score
The image is held on a website where you need to be a member but I think this evening I have found the answer which lies with the website itself. I breathed a sigh of relief when I discover this and you will probably do the same when you receive this message. Thanks everyone for your help.

Reaction score
garjan said:
The image is held on a website where you need to be a member but I think this evening I have found the answer which lies with the website itself. I breathed a sigh of relief when I discover this and you will probably do the same when you receive this message. Thanks everyone for your help.

Well what was the solution...?

Ask a Question