Temporary internet files missing

Y

yahooisntz

Using IE 6SP1 all critical patches applied on Win XP pro SP1 all critical patches applied. Using hi speed P4 system with a 80G hard drive with plenty of space, 256MB RAM. Already scanned for spyware/viruses

IE is loading web pages slow or it's not responding. When I checked Internet Options,Temporary Internet Files Settings. There's no folder location with The Amount of disk space to use set to 0 MB. I tried changing settings and it gives me "Place select a value between 1 and 0 for how much disk space temporary internet files may use.."

Can't move the folder, It gives me error message choose another folder with more space.
Already tried browsing to the c:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\Temporary Internet Files, same error message.

Don't have McAfee Safe and Sound installed. This is a new installation of Win XP/IE, so it's not a corruption problem. Verified Full Rights to the c:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\Temporary Internet Files folder.

This rules out the first few solutions. 2 Consultants can't fix this problem. Knowledge bases don't have this problem listed or gives the wrong solution.

Any help appreciated!
yahooisntz

Ask a Question