Windows XP Taskbar with many slides! Help please

Reaction score
Hello;
I have here a problem or two with my taskbar. I'm using WinXP SP2.
Sometimes, the taskbar shows every program I run twice (and I used to fix that by dragging the language bar out on desktop twice then a large dialog box appears with nothing in it. I close it and an error appears after that everyting gets back to normal and the taskbar is arranged properly).
But this problem didn't oocur for sometime now. The problem now is that I have many sliders (or small bars' handles) between the QuickLaunch slide and the language bar and my previous way of dragging out and closing seems not working anymore!

Any solution to that please?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks Slaw. Actually I've visited this page before coming here! Too bad that I have to pay just to see a solution!!
Silly, isn't it? To pay that much just to solve a simple problem like this!! :)

Reaction score
I've just came across this. I right-clicked on one of these slides then the menu appeared and I chose "toolbars" and I saw in the list too many "language bars" checked!
I've started to turn them off one by one and all gone from the list when they are turned off, except of one which was the originally one. Ivé turned it on later on and now everything is ok!

But I still can't understand why did that happen? Any suggestions?
Maybe later on the problem will occur again and I don't know if the same procedures I did now will solve the problem later on or not!

Ask a Question