Windows XP Problem with Taskbar Dividers

Reaction score
when I turn on my computer everytime, the area that displays currently running programs in the taskbar is automatically divided my several groups. If I unlock the taskbar, i can see four dividers now!!!! Besides the language bar, quick launch, and the normal running program display area, there is an extra area which i can't use at all.

Anyone knows how to delete taskbar dividers?
Anyone has the same pbl?

I just bought this laptop a week ago, and have been dealing with this annoying pbl for 3 days...plz help~

Reaction score
I tried, many times, it just didn't work. I even tried System Restore, still couldn't solve this weird problem. if i opened one window, it showed two minimized bars in the taskbar...everything was duplicated.

someone suggested me to completely restore the windows system, ah, too much work...

I went back to the store, even though it wasn't a hardware pbl, they exchanged it!! reason -- no time to fix it, within 15 days, just give you a new one... so no complains

(I googled for answers, but found this pretty decent site, lol~)

Reaction score
The volume icon in the notification area is faded. How can I restore this,so I have sound?

Ask a Question