Windows XP Systray Box Too Big

Reaction score
Hi all,

There's something wrong with the size of the System Tray box. I've searched for days until my eyes are bleeding and I can't find a solution.

Here's the deal: The entire Taskbar is about a ¼" too big; The icons are pixelated; the Systray box is larger than the Taskbar; the Systray shows the time and day. I don't want that, I just want the time displayed. Period.

I can drag the Taskbar up and have it double size, or I can drag it down and it disappears. Locking or Unlocking the Taskbar makes no difference. I don't have Quick Launch checked.

My screen resolution hasn't changed nor my refresh rate or anything else. I have XP on quite a few drives and this is the only one that has this "annoyance".

Is there a way to rebuild\repair the Taskbar? Or am I missing something really simple? I've written down all the settings from another drive and they match the machine I'm on now.

Ask a Question