Task Scheduler

G

Hi I hope you can help. I tried to schedule a few tasks for daily use, disk
cleanup being the #1 I wanted, and when I scheduled it I got an error
stating:"Task has been created but may not run becaue the accout information
could ot be set. Error: Ox8007007a" I tried with and without a password.
Please help! Thanks so much for your time!

D

David Candy

If you type that error in Help while online Help will tell you all about it.

As you didn't post the whole message I wasted time converting 0x8007007a to 122 using calculator and then typed in a command prompt net helpmsg 122 to find out it was the well known

The data area passed to a system call is too small.

SYMPTOMS
When you try to schedule a job with user credentials so that the task runs as if it were started by the user, you may receive the following error message:
The new task has been created, but may not run because the account information could not be set. The specific error is:
0x8007007a: The data area passed to a system call is too small.

CAUSE
This behavior occurs because the buffer that stores the account information for all scheduled tasks is limited; the buffer puts a limit on the number of jobs that you can schedule with user credentials. There is no limit on the number of jobs that you can create without user credentials.
RESOLUTION
To work around this behavior, stop and start the task scheduler service, wait for 10 to 15 minutes, and then schedule jobs.

There is a scavenger tool in task scheduler that runs 10 minutes after the service is started. This tool frees the memory that is still being used by deleted or scheduled jobs.

Ask a Question