System not starting and crashing

kraut3852

Running Windows Vista home premium 64 bit service pack 2 with 4 GB
memory (Ram).

Am having problems with the wife's box and hopefully someone here can
help. There may be more then one problem here.

Occassionaly the system does not want to start and then also on
occassion other then when it does not want to start a blue screen pops
up with the following message:

**************************

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.

Multiple_IRP_complete_requests

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart
system. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.

If problems persist, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options and then
select safe mode.

Technical Info:
Stop:0x00000044
(0xfffffa8005a8dd10, 0x0000000000000e7a, 0x0000000000000000,
0x0000000000000000)

Collecting data for crash dump….
Initializing disk for crash dump….
Beginning dump of physical memory….
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact yor system administrator or tech supportgroup for further
assistance.

**************************

The box is less then a year old and purchased at Best Buy and still
under warranty but every time I take it there they "Can not find
anything wrong" according to the repairman. I have had it in 4 times
now with same results.

This last time the person that looked at it when I took it in said
according to some programs she ran that is part of Vista said it
showed an unexpected shutdown while she was starting it and that she
thought it was the power supply but the repairman said could see
nothing wrong. Maybe when it is out of warranty they will find what
is wrong!!

Anyways I took it back home and started it and it ran at first then
the blue screen with the above error message popped up even though
"Nothing was wrong" according to Best Buy. It took them a week and a
half to decide that!!

Any suggestion or ideas as to what might be wrong?

TIA

peter

This from the NET
The MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS error (0x44) means that a driver has
requested that an IRP be completed (IoCompleteRequest()), but the packet has
already been completed. It can be attributed to either of two things:

a. A driver actually attempted to complete its own packet twice. That would
be the easiest case, but unfortunately it is generally not what happened.

b. Two separate drivers each believe that they own the packet, and each
attempts to complete it. The first actually works, and the second fails.
This is by far the most common case, making the troubleshooting of error
0x44 a really tough bug to find. Tracking down which drivers in the system
actually did this is difficult, generally because the trails of the first
driver have been covered by the second.

Since it is not necessary that the drivers themselves are problematic, then
if everything is ok in the Device Manager (hidden devices included), I
believe it is unavoidable (read: imperative) to start from a bare-bones pc
configuration and start building up, until a point is reached where the
inclusion of a specific device makes the 0x44 error re-appear. This will
reveal the culprit. As a matter of fact, it is not certain that the behavior
will be reproduced for sure - simply rebuilding the pc from a smoothly
operating bare-bones configuration up, can lead to a stable coexistence of
drivers and devices (hopefully...).

Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc, press OK. Select View menu > Show
hidden devices. Look for anything that has a yellow question or exclamation
mark and post back what you found. Also, post back what the Device Manager
says for your Video Adapter.

courtesy of Zazula of Techsupport forum

peter

If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or
disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting
complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :)
wrote in message

[...]

jorge sao

Remove 1GB or 2GB of RAM if possible. Windows Vista is not starting with >= 4GB after SP2.