System not responding

G

Hello everyone
Some of the notable features of my Xp image are windows installer, directX 8.0, windows media player 9 components, minlogon, command shell, apart from other common devices. I build the image, and when the system boots and i start explorer, i cannot access the folders for some time. I can navigate thru the tree view but when i wish to see the contents of any of the branches, the system doesnt respond for some time (a few minutes). After that every thing gets to normal. I dont understand why ?? I get the same response every time i log into the target (which is the second harddrive of my development system).
Anyone of you had a similar experience ?

Thanks for your time
Vaddina Prakash Rao.

S

Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)

Perhaps your image have net support and uses DHCP server by default and you don't have one on the network.

Solutions:
1. Remove all network adapters or drivers.
2. use netsh interface .... to switch to static IP addresses.

Regards,
Slobodan

prakash437 said:
Hello everyone,
Some of the notable features of my Xp image are windows installer, directX 8.0, windows media player 9 components, minlogon,
command shell, apart from other common devices. I build the image, and when the system boots and i start explorer, i cannot access
the folders for some time. I can navigate thru the tree view but when i wish to see the contents of any of the branches, the system
doesnt respond for some time (a few minutes). After that every thing gets to normal. I dont understand why ?? I get the same
response every time i log into the target (which is the second harddrive of my development system).

Ask a Question