syntax error with xp professional

i have a problem with a xp professional cd i
have...everytime i try to install it on my computer i am
getting this error..."there is a syntax error in the .SIF
file that setup uses at line: 782...setup cannot continue,
shut down computer and restart..but every time i do ..same
error..the cd i am talking about has been used one time
and has no scratches or blemishes on it..i would
appreciate seom help..thank you...Mark

Carey Frisch [MVP]

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Windows XP Problems During I
nstallation When You Upgrade from Windows 98 or Windows Me

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User