Windows Vista Stuff gone Missing???

Reaction score
Can anyone help me??

Ive got a dell laptop with Vista with the free Avira Antivir software that i've down loaded. i was all running fine and dandy but all of a sudden the Windows Photo Gallery seems to have disappeared. It wont open from the desk top icon ( which is still there) or from the list of programs in the Start menu. Also the 'Control Panel' and 'Default Programs' appears to have gone too. When i click to open them the screen just goes blank for a second or so then reverts back to the Start menu. It has also been dislpaying some kind of messages about the ac adaptor, a Re Boot and running slowly that I have never seen before and have not noted down so i can't exactly remember what they were.

Does anyone have any idea whats happened or what to do??

I'd be most appreciative of any help. Thankyou.

Reaction score
Download and install Superantispyware and Malwarebytes. Restart your computer in Safe mode and run both progs first to rule out any sort of infections.

Reaction score
thanks for your advice. I'll see if i can find what you recommend and run it. How do i re start in 'safe' mode?

Ask a Question