Windows XP Hackers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently have been experiancing problems on my XP(see my last thread for reference) and it started to look seem like this behavior could be from a hacker. So I searched on how to find and remove hackers. I ran into a youtube video showing exactly how.

First you have to go into CMD and type "netstat -ano" and any were it says "established" it's a hacker. I had 2! Yikes!
Then you go to task manager and view PID numbers and match the number of the "established" hacker with a running program.

I found 2 - vProt.exe and LOGGINGSERVERS.exe - the hackers were on my computer for a while! I've seen those processes before! I thought they were normal programs. But after some research - both processes can be malware.
I deleted both programs and their accessories.

However....

Afterwards, I went to check CMD again to search for any other suspicious behavior - but when I went to my start, in the start menue with the accessories(usually of recently used programs), I saw a strange icon named "Remote Desktop Connection" which I have never used so I don't know why it was in the start menu. I instantly thought the worst and deleted it with the quickness. I guess there really was a hacker douche in my computer!
What a low life! To stalk me every time on the I'm on the computer? I don't know what he wanted, my money.....or simply my attention! Ughhh.

Do you think the hacker is gone for good? If so, is there a way I can report him...even though I don't know his name and deleted him.

Reaction score
I think someone is being a little paranoid.

If you had someone in your computer they would not let you know by putting a short cut referring to remote connection in plain sight.

If you are unhappy

Back everything you need IE doc's, Pic's, Game save's
Low level format the hard drive and reinstall windows

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
vProt.exe is part of AVG ... oh, and guess were LOGGINGSERVERS.exe comes from, yep, AVG.

AVG is an Anti-Virus program, well they call it that, uninstalling ANY program will leave remnants behind.

I suggest you format your PC, or go to Bleeping Computers and seek their professional assistance. :)

Reaction score
I think someone is being a little paranoid.

If you had someone in your computer they would not let you know by putting a desktop short cut referring to remote connection in plain sight.

If you are unhappy

Back everything you need IE doc's, Pic's, Game save's
Low level format the hard drive and reinstall windows

Yes, I do often become paranoid. But I do alot of important work on my computer and I don't want to lose it or jeopardize my job!:eek:

Anyways....If I can offord it, I will purchase windows 7 tonight or when ever I go to the store, along with a new keyboard! So gross with the years of food, cigarrette ashes, coffe, and the big gob of 6 year old honey that stuck my "m" key to the space bar, makes it hard to type.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So gross with the years of food, cigarrette ashes, coffe, and the big gob of 6 year old honey that stuck my "m" key to the space bar, makes it hard to type.

Motherofgod.jpeg

Reaction score
If your that concerned perhaps the internet is not for you?;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, serious answer time as I'm quiet at work....

So I searched on how to find and remove hackers. I ran into a youtube video showing exactly how.
Mistake number one.

First you have to go into CMD and type "netstat -ano" and any were it says "established" it's a hacker. I had 2! Yikes!
Then you go to task manager and view PID numbers and match the number of the "established" hacker with a running program.
Lol, Amazing. Looks like I'm in trouble then....

attachment.php

Do you think the hacker is gone for good?
No, I suggest you set fire to your computer ASAP, just to be sure.

Ok, seriously serious this time. No you haven't been hacked. Malware, virus, spyware maybe.

As suggested, run MAB/ESET Online scanner etc, see here - https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/essential-pc-software-updated-28th-february-2014-a-t2697599.html

Maybe as mucks said, post up at Bleeping Computer, be prepared to follow their instructions and post some log files when asked.

Or just format/set fire to your PC. :lol:

Attachments

• ermahgerd.jpg
    ermahgerd.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 354
Reaction score
Or just format/set fire to your PC. :lol:
If you set fire to it please send the pictures of it!!!:p

The internet is full of nasty surprises and the more you look the more you will find.
Run a good anti virus & firewall or internet security package and you should be ok.
And stop going to dodgy sites would help, a lot!:thumb:

Reaction score
If your that concerned perhaps the internet is not for you?;)

How? I've been using the internet for years. I've had plenty of bugs and viruses on my PC and my last PC was destroyed during a "virus war." As I've stated in my prior thread, I've never encountered this type of behavior before, that's why I joined here. I was concerned because the behavior reminded me of a back door dropper. Anyways, my computer has been working fine today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you set fire to it please send the pictures of it!!!:p

The internet is full of nasty surprises and the more you look the more you will find.
Run a good anti virus & firewall or internet security package and you should be ok.
And stop going to dodgy sites would help, a lot!:thumb:

My nose is rather sensitive to burning electronics! Even taosters make me want to barf! But putting fire crackers in it for 4th of July actually sounds pretty cool! The smell of fire crackers will cover it up. lol

Reaction score
I recently have been experiancing problems on my XP(see my last thread for reference) and it started to look seem like this behavior could be from a hacker. So I searched on how to find and remove hackers. I ran into a youtube video showing exactly how.

I found 2 - vProt.exe and LOGGINGSERVERS.exe - the hackers were on my computer for a while! I've seen those processes before! I thought they were normal programs. But after some research - both processes can be malware.
I deleted both programs and their accessories.

However....

Afterwards, I went to check CMD again to search for any other suspicious behavior - but when I went to my start, in the start menue with the accessories(usually of recently used programs), I saw a strange icon named "Remote Desktop Connection" which I have never used so I don't know why it was in the start menu. I instantly thought the worst and deleted it with the quickness. I guess there really was a hacker douche in my computer!
What a low life! To stalk me every time on the I'm on the computer? I don't know what he wanted, my money.....or simply my attention! Ughhh.

Do you think the hacker is gone for good? If so, is there a way I can report him...even though I don't know his name and deleted him.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, this thread. Thanks for the bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question