Windows 7 Stuck win key on windows 7

Reaction score
winkey stuck on windows 7
I use Toshiba a200-1cr which came with vista but I made a clean windows 7 installation.

It was very challenging to acquire the missing drivers but i managed it.

the only problem is that winkey always pressed by the system therefore activating shortcuts so I have no way of using the keyboard since many letters associated with winkey

I doupt having worm or virus since I made scanning with uptodate AVG
I tried to create dword nowinkey and set it to one in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
but still no result , i couldn't find the same path in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE therefore i had no way to create similar value

I made lots but I couldn't find similar problem

Thanks in advance

Rami

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it possible that this is a physical problem with the Windows Key? Are you able to tell if it is stuck down (you should be able to pop both windows keys off to check, but be careful ;)).

Did the problem only suddenly happen when moving to Windows 7?

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I already poped up the key and it is in good condition as the rest of the keys

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does the same problem happen in safe mode? That might narrow down if there is an application on startup causing the problem.

Reaction score
winkey stuck on windows 7

Ian Cunningham said:
Does the same problem happen in safe mode? That might narrow down if there is an application on startup causing the problem.

No it doesn't happen under safemode which suggest as you mentioned a software induced problem

But i have no clue how to trace the software causing this problem

Ask a Question