Stop 0x50 Page fault in non paged area partmgr.sys

doh

Ok so here goes,

I was playing Counter Strike Source and BAM i get a BSOD (Blue screen
of Death), upon rebooting my harddrive was toast.Happen's i thought to
myself (was a seagate 120gb), so i went out the next day and purchased
a western digital 120gb.Upon installing the harddrive and attempting to
install windows XP i got a STOP 0x00000050 error Page Fault in non paged
area pointing to partmgr.sys.So i've done some research and found that
it could possible be a memory (l2/ram/video) problem.I've Replaced the
ram(simm) and tryed to no avail installing xp (get the same error).Now
because i have no floppy drive in this particular computer i can't use
memtest to determine if it is possibly the L2 or Video ram.I've also
tryed disabling Cache'n of both video and cpu mem.Still no luck, i'm
really stuck here and i don't want to purchase more than i need.Any
help would be greatly appreciated.\

here's the specs:
Intel p4e (prescott) cpu
Abit is7-V mobo
1024 kingston ram
Audigy 2 zs pci sound card
6600gt nvidia video card

thanks,

d0h

Gerry Cornell

Can you give a fuller description of your motherboard and your new
Western Digital drive,

At what stage in the installation process do you encounter the error?

partmgr.sys = Partition Manager.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

doh

"doh" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

[...]

i encounter the error when at the bottom it says "Starting up Windows
after it's loaded all the device drivers and about to begin th
installation.I'm not sure what description u want of my mobo

Gerry Cornell

What is your motherboard? This freeware programme is excellent for
getting information about your computer:
Everest Home Edition is an interesting (freeware) source of information:
http://www.lavalys.hu/index.php

I also need the model reference for the hard drive you are trying to
install.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

doh

The motherboard is an Abit is7-v as i stated before here are th
specs:
ABIT IS7V Motherboard Specs:
184-pin DIMM Banking: 2 (2 banks of 1)
Chipset: Intel 865PE
DDR SDRAM Frequencies: PC2100, PC2700, and PC3200
Error Detection Support: Non-ECC only
Graphics Support: AGP 8X
Max Unbuffered DDR SDRAM: 2048MB
Module Types Supported: Unbuffered only
Supported DRAM Types: DDR SDRAM only
USB Support: 2.x Compliant
And the Hardrive spec's below:
120 GB, 7200 RPM Hard Drive
WD1200JS

As i stated before i beleive this to be a hardware issue, in al
honesty i beleive my l2 cache to be dead but i'm not 100% and refuse t
purchase part's that are unneeded.I've tested other stick's of memory s
i know it's not my RAM, so i'm left with l1/l2 cache or video ram o
possibly just a mobo. malfunction.Once again any help i
appreciated.Since the new harddrive i have is'nt formated and their'
nothing installed on it i probably can't run that program =(

doh

And also with the error being "Page fault in non paged area" it's sayin
that basically it tryed to access a file from memory and it was'n
there/could'nt access it.I don't belive the partmgr.sys to be any bi
deal as i beleive it's just the file that it get's to when the erro
occurs.Although if i had an answer for my problem i would'nt be her
now would i =)