Steam Trojan

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
ThoughtI'd start playing the single player version of CoD_WAW_2 again as I lost my savegames after my failed BIOS flash just before Christmas.

And I got this:

attachment.php

Anybody else experienced this or know anything about it?

I chose to deny access and then got this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• trojan.JPG
    trojan.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 250
  • cloud.JPG
    cloud.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 250

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Done a bit of looking and found these two:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/...946a449189da7bfd0b25d3d8299407fca9-1266863409

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1155931

Still not sure what to do though.

Is it a false positive? I note that Kaspersky also identified it as a nasty.

Infinity Ward really seem to have hit the pits with this game :(

Thoughts of 'Bugger this, I'm gonna go for a PS3 and Linux instead' ran through my head what with this and some disappointing game releases lately.

But I did recently thoroughly enjoy (single player) Timeshift; Halo 2; Wolfenstein and Call Of Juarez 1.

So I dunno.

I am feeling a bit cheesed with 'puter games atm though tbh...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'd take it as a false positive, Antivir seems to kick up a few more than most at the mo, which is one of the reasons i got rid of it.

Try scanning with Trend Micro housecall or install Malwarebytes, let them give you a second opinion of the file. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I would have thought it would be a false positive too. I've had one or two messages like that in the past year for some applications, but Kaspersky have rolled out updates that ignore it a day or two later once reports come in.

If you're worried, wait a day or two and then see what the scanner says after the new definitions. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I gave it some thought and chose to select the 'ignore' option within Antivir and have just played over an hour's worth of single player, almost up to the point where I was previously now, on the oil rig.

When I had previously selected the 'deny access' Antivir option I couldn't start the game.

Ask a Question