spyware program problems, please help!

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Win98 op system, not Win98SE. I have downloaded several popular spyware removal programs and have had no success in getting any of them to work. My computer locks up and i have to restart and remove them. Sooooo.....I am thinking that Win98 is just too old an op sys to use this type of tool on. I know i got some registry problems...any suggestions about how to figure out how to resolve them?

Thanks in advance.

Mike H.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
First up, Emails on an open forum are a bad thing. You gonna get spammed to death if ya leave it there.

What spyware progs are you using/trying to use?

Reaction score
I tried Microsoft's beta spyware and it told me during installation that i needed at least Win2000. I tried McAfee's Antispyware...purchased it...and had to delete it and get a refund! It kept giving me a runtime error during the scanning and would lock up. I tried Broadbands Spyware and it just would not run, even though it said it was scanning, the computer did nothing for 20 minutes so i deleted it....
You know of a spyware removal program that is proven to work on plain old Win98? not Win98SE!

Thanks for asking.

Mike

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions I will try spybot in the morning! too late tonite to start it! lol

Ask a Question