spying and Phorm systems

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Virgin are perfectly entitled to take this stance against illegal downloads if it wishes - likewise their customers are entitled to move if they don't like it.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I've been waiting for an announcement like this since 1984 :p
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well well. Virgin, incidentally, have many media outlets, all of which sell a considerable amount of audio CD's.

So you could say they have a vested interest in voluntarily policing their own service.

But if I were Virgin I wouldn't be surprised if lots of Broadband contracts don't get renewed when they expire.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I was thinking of changing ISP but like others didn`t / dont.... because of the hassle ..but when i see them trying to filter there product to best suit them ..then they have made up my mind...still on £17.99 unlimited..so for your rash anti customer stance Mr Branson ...kiss goodbye to my annual £215

Oh yes and i have used torrent sites....all legally...

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Agreed Rush - and anyone eslse who don't like what Virgin are doing are perfectly entitled to go elsewhere too
nod.gif

michael555 said:
what do people think of this Phorm systems
they are going to use?
Must admit I don't like the idea of this targeted advertising system that some ISP's are trialing and may use - and I don't like the thought that someone is tracking the websites I visit.

For BT to trial it on some of their customers without informing them is out of order in my opinion - and the fact they are going to make it 'opt-out' rather than 'opt-in' if it rolls out is also wrong.

I'm sure that there is or will be ways of preventing this via software or other means, but the fact is we shouldn't have to.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I wanna know if i'm one of the lucky BT users!

Haven't given my solicitor anything to do recently.

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Agreed Rush - and anyone eslse who don't like what Virgin are doing are perfectly entitled to go elsewhere too https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/nod.gif

Must admit I don't like the idea of this targeted advertising system that some ISP's are trialing and may use - and I don't like the thought that someone is tracking the websites I visit.

For BT to trial it on some of their customers without informing them is out of order in my opinion - and the fact they are going to make it 'opt-out' rather than 'opt-in' if it rolls out is also wrong.

I'm sure that there is or will be ways of preventing this via software or other means, but the fact is we shouldn't have to.

I got told bt where breaking the law without telling customers using this.

Even if people don,t download copyright software,etc ,would you like your isp knowing all your website you vist.

I don,t belive this targeted advertising system thing ,more like big brother spying on us.

Ask a Question