Spy Sweeper

Reaction score
I clicked into a website which was giving away free anti-spyware it was called Spy Sweeper from Webroot a USA firm. It was highly recommended by PC Magazine as the best anti-spyware software around. While i downloaded the free scan and it scanned my computer it came up with a trojan horse saying it was critical to bar 4. It said it will remove it if I subscribe at a total of $29.95 per year. I am not sure whether this is a scam in order to get me to subscribe or whether i truly have a trojan horse and i should get rid of it by subscribing to this package. Can any of you guys advise me out there as the last thing I want on my computer is a trojan horse. Just to let you know I have had difficulties in the past two months connecting to the internet and had to restore my computer.

Sole x

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Highly recommended

SpySweeper is not free but there is a trial version you can use ... SpySweeper is indeed a genuine highly regarded Anti-Spyware program.

http://www.webroot.com/

I bought a copy some time back and you get free updates to the new program ... I used it exclusively on my Windows PC. :thumb:

Reaction score
Last night, I downloaded a spyware scanner called XoftspySE, it don't offer real time but it removed over 150 items of spyware in the first scan. It will be one programme I will keep in case other options don't work and because it's not running until you use it manually, you won't get any conflicts either.

Can I have other people's opinions

:D

Ask a Question