Webroot Spy Sweeper more for Brits? Why?

Poe

Reaction score
Hi!

I've recently installed Spy Sweeper (after downloading the trial version) and so now get emails from Webroot and have noticed the amazing price difference from the US$ here https://www.webroot.com/shoppingcart/weborderwb.php to the GPB here https://store.webroot.com/servlet/C...cale=en_GB&SiteID=webroot&id=QuickBuyCartPage

US$20 = GBP10 ... half of the GBP20 on the 2nd link.

I have no connection with this company, just don't like seeing people pay more than they need to.

Any reasons why the price difference?

Cheers,
Poe

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure why, but lots of things in the UK seem to be higher prices then in the EU/US. Those links don't work as they are connected to your online basket, but the fact they charge pounds for dollars doesn't surprise me.

No harm in buying the US version for half the price :D

Poe

Reaction score
Thanks.

Didn't know if the links would somehow be connected to my pc. I don't know much about them (pcs), but I do know that once I download the trial version and waited a while (days) they emailed to offer the lower price ... so took it.

Cheers.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The Exchange Rate ... according to MS is ... $1 = £1.50

If I buy software on-line, and I do often, then I make sure I'm buying from a US based site ... then I always get a "proper" exchange-rate price. Works every time. ;)

There are a few exceptions to this rule of course, always "pays" to check ... :D

Welcome to the Forums. :thumb:

user.gif

Ask a Question